Fished bartlett used the underwater camera [Archive] - AZBZ Forums

: Fished bartlett used the underwater camera

Fishless
June 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM
hit bartlett this morning from 5:30 to 10:30 am, lake was deserted and not a bad day temp wise till about 10:30 then the blast furnace kicked on:eek: . Fishing was a little slow today only picked up probably 20crappie and released them all. Used only the jig didn't even bring minnows.

brought my underwater camera I have had for a couple years that I got on sale at harbor frieght for like $99. I put it on an old duck decoy retrieving pole so I can extend it out about 18' and turn the camera around to where I want to look. Anyway couldnt use it up lake it is still real stained and only could see like 6" to a foot. Down lake where the water is clearer I could see 4-5' so I hit some of my areas that have been good and only picked up a few fish casting this morning, so I am thinking wow water is up,water temp is up so the crappie probably have pulled out of the area:rolleyes: WRONG:eek: :blink: at 6' you see the stunted bluegill and sun fish as you go down you see the lg mouth bass and then there at 15-18' right like the book says there were crappie and they were everywhere it was amazing, wish I would of had a second person with me so they could cast the jig and I could see it with the camera to see the reaction to the bait. It was amazing the bluegill and bass would actually look at and challenge the camera, the crappie when you moved anywhere close would spook and move off. So the moral of the story is just cause they aint bitten don't mean they ain't there because in at least 3 different areas the fish were there in numbers and just inactive at least toward the jig.:)-----next time this brain surgeon will take minnows again:lol: almost seems like this time of year you have to prime the pump so to speak with minnows then the crappie will turn onto the jig:confused:

gcIII
June 19th, 2007, 09:11 PM
neat report, guess you might not be more specific on where the crappie
were. close to structure, in channel, or close to bank? i'd like to try out a camera sometime, bet it helps scouting a bunch.

skeeter3
June 19th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Did the same thing a couple of years ago at canyon.On a hot tip from my friend Ron Sampley. Cameraed a hump just off first bridge saw tons of aggressive S/M on top and some toad L/M cruising the perimeter.Many of you probably know the spot.No takers and threw the kitchen sink at em.Almost made me sick.Made me wonder if I really wanted to see all those fish that wouldn't bite.:mad:

Fishless
June 20th, 2007, 12:16 AM
the crappie were suspended on structure, trees and some under water humps with old trees in 25-35' of water, but the crappie were in their usual 15-18' range that I could see since that is as far down as I could put the camera on the extension pole, I am sure there were more below that point also, only looked with camera on the main lake, never made it into coves