Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

NEW YEARS DAY KICKOFF!!!!

6K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  Chris Love 
#1 ·
Ok guys nothin better then starting the year of right at Patagonia. New years day safelight to 2pm. 3 fish limit, $125 a team and 100% payback. Same rules as the elite series. Any question please contact Ri or myself.

#2 ·
Should be good times. Will be the only tourney i'll be able to fish until June. My favorite uncle is sending me on an expenses paid vacaition.

Be back just in time for the night tournies!

See you guys there, hope there is a good turnout!

#3 ·
Brian,

We will do our best to keep the water warm and over-worked. Have a great Christmas if I don't see you prior. Patrick-great Job this past weekend at Roosevelt. Did you catch all the fish or did Mr. Ney tear it up? I herd you guys were drop-drop shot'n crankbaits in 80' of water:biggrin:

#5 ·
kickoff

Brian,

We will do our best to keep the water warm and over-worked. Have a great Christmas if I don't see you prior. Patrick-great Job this past weekend at Roosevelt. Did you catch all the fish or did Mr. Ney tear it up? I herd you guys were drop-drop shot'n crankbaits in 80' of water:biggrin:

yeah, same to you. i'll be spending mine in Chicago where it is really windy and oh ya the white stuff! I'll be out on Patty with a tank top when i get back, 30 - 35 degrees will be like a heat wave!

Great job Pat and Ri, Roosey can be tough, went up about two weekends ago and only caught one. It was an over but would have liked to catch more! Still a great lake!

#4 ·
Thanks John...it was tuff we didnt catch many fish but the right ones. i didnt catch a fish until 130 and we only had 3 in the boat. then we culled 3 times with 2 overs and a big slot. just had to b patient. and it wasnt crankbaits, rico's worked better in 100' of water:).

#7 ·
I am in! I dont know with who yet but plan on being there

Merry Christmas

#15 ·
Patrick. I want to be there. I just have to talk mike into going he will let me run his boat but he won't let me run his boat without him on it. understand im doin his sister so he likes me? atleast when i catch fish. but not enough to turn over the keys to his boat just yet.It kills me to look at that nice triton in my garage every day and i cant go fishing I would be on that lake every chance i got and he knows it i would wear that boat out im sure his sister would leave me i would never be home . dont think there will be a boat under my tree this year either just one in my garage that i cant use . get back to ya if were in next week....Chuck

#19 ·
The water level is still low, launching from the center of the ramp only. The swimbait bite is very slow, even for Patty. I didn't even see a trout on Sat. and only one blow up at first light off in the distance. My first big fish didn't come until Jan. last year. They're stocking this week, so it might be better.

#23 ·
Mike is in El paso until wed i will ask him if were fishing the tourny. he has 2 weeks off so im going to work on it we should make it pending bad hangover. that new license would be good idea. but stealing my brother in laws boat might be frowned on by my wife and definently by mikey and maybe a few others. no rent for his boat in my garage i have to watch it with my shot gun in hand and charge batterys but get to fish off of it. I don't have a boat yet to put in its place so its no big deal . he makes the boat payment enough said.

#25 ·
Who's in?

#29 ·
Me and Mike can't make it. He has too many things to get done while he is in town it's been a real pain in the a$$ for him to be working in Texas. but he said we are still going to fish all the Patagonia elite tournys he can get time off from work for the scheduled dates next year. No fishin for me so im goin on a beer and football bender. I wish you all a happy new years......... Go Cats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.