Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

0n-board chargers

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Thinking about getting an on-board charger. I have 2 troll. motor batteries hooked up together (24 V), plus the batt. for the outboard. There are many brands out there, including ones from Bass Pro and Cabela's. What would you recommend for my set-up? Please include details like whetther or not I should do a 2 or 3 bank, amps per bank, specific brand/model and important features to look for. Thanks.

#4 ·
I highly recommende the Dual Pro line of chargers. The product is high quality and the customer support can't be beat (IMO).

Quick story: Bought my '96 Skeeter in late 2001......was upgrading sonar system and found a ground loop. I found that by disconnecting the charger from the electrical system the loop went away so I mistakenly thought it was the charger. Called Dual Pro, spoke to the engineer.....he said he didn't think it was possible the charger could be the problem, but if I was sure they'd gladly replace it..........knowing it was well out of warranty and knowing I was the 2nd owner.....now that's customer service! I told them I'd check more and ended up finding the terminal block (with all the 50 Amp circuit breakers) was wired wrong and eliminated the problem so I didn't take them up on the offer....but they were going to drop ship me a new unit with a prepaid return tag for the old unit.......warranty expired.

Good Luck

Basstrix

#6 ·
lilfishy
I have had several from professional mariner to the dual pro series. They each seem to have their own problems. I have found that the customer service from dual pro in by far the best bar none. Their chargers are a little heavier and i have had to have a few replaced. But after a phone call they will get one on the road to you and will also provide a return shipping tag so you are not out anything. I have had them actually send me out special chargers for different type of batteries such as gell cell valve regulated etc. The last charger they replaced was a 3 X 10 amp that came with my boat i lost one bank. When i got the new charger it was the latest and greatest 3 X 15 amp charger. With this type of customer service I don't think you can go wrong using their chargers. As a note we just recieved a recal on the motor guide chargers it appers they are having some heating and fire problems with them. I am not bashing on them just passing the info along. hope this helps with your dicesion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.