Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Huddle bugs

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  badaz4570 
#1 ·
What you guys think?

#2 ·
What the heck is a "Huddle Bug"?

Huddleston Deluxe - Huddle Bugs

The Huddleston Deluxe Huddle Bugs are the gold standard for realistic crawfish baits on the market today. Ken Huddleston took painstaking efforts to ensure that each bait was anatomically correct and had each little detail. The Huddle Bugs are pre-rigged with weight to allow you to throw them in a very different way than conventional crawfish plastics. Each bait has an eyelet on its wire harness that allows for hooking through it and out between the eyes. With the weight located in the tail of the crawfish you can throw these similar to a Yamamoto Fat Ika or Jackall Cover Craw. Throw the Huddle Bug at cover and the weights make the bait fall away from you and into the cover or under the overhang. Even if you have an open spool, most plastics will fall either next to or a bit away from cover. With the Huddle Bug you are in the strike zone on every cast. You can still drag these baits like you would any other crawfish imitation but at any moment you have the option to slide one back into the living room of a hungry bass!

Huddleston Deluxe

Length:

Weight:

Qty:

Price:

Huddle Bug

2.75"

1/8 oz

$11.99

#12 ·
The rigged version, like the one in the above picture is nose hooked with either a standard size 6 bait hook or I use a Red Daiichi Octopus Hook myself. When rigged this way they fall away from you due to the placement of the weights. Then you crawl them forward, like a regular crawfish walks.

They also have a non rigged version that you can use as a jig trailer or tail hook and split shot them.

A few tricks that I like to do are insert a small glass rattle, put crawfish attractant on them and inject some air into the claws so they stand up in a defensive posture.

BTW, Yes, they do work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.