Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Az Game & Fish on Lake Pleasant aka Lake Dump Hole!

10K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Franklin J 
#1 ·
From Az G & F website on 10/11/12

"The lake survey is not yet finished, but preliminary data suggests excellent largemouth bass numbers in the Aqua Fria and Humbug arms of Lake Pleasant."

:moon::Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:

This isn't what the last completed report showed a year or so ago - what has changed? Was there some secret massive stocking project?

#18 ·
Stuck a 9.7 on that nasty little lake, on a cool December morning, with a buzzbait a few years back. Wish I had signed up for BLBBD that day...oh well..

There's toads in there, just need to be a little more stealth....and smarter! :biggrin:

I'm sure the grim reaper wished he was in the boat that day instead of Christmas shopping with his wife. I think he's banned from this site.:)

#19 ·
I guess I should have stated it was this year that I caught my PB. It was 26 inches long. It only had one eye. Maybe that's why I was lucky enough to catch it, and probably why it looked a little skinny. But the one I lost broke off at the boat and was definitely bigger and healthier.

#22 ·
For those of you that think plez doesn't have enough cover you should drive around the lake right now. I'm convinced that most of those giant fish do not need to leave those deeper trees that most fisherman never get their bait to. There is so many baby stripers in that lake they probably only eat once or twice a week. Just my O2...

#23 ·
I dont think it has enough quality cover...the problem with those deep trees is thats where the big 20 pound stripers hang to...seen them on aqua view..

Our largemouth in Plez have to compete with stripers for food...they burn up alot of energy doing that...fishing boils the last few years you can see how much faster and athletic those striped bass are

#24 ·
I move here in 2002 from oregon, i live on the west side so pleasant is close for me to fish, it has to be one of the toughest lakes i have ever fish my best 2 fish are just over 7lb had a few in the 6 lb range....tough lake to figure out. So thats not to good for fishing it for ten years.

#25 ·
Our largemouth in Plez have to compete with stripers for food...they burn up alot of energy doing that...fishing boils the last few years you can see how much faster and athletic those striped bass are
Wrong. Most of the lakes in Tx have stripers and it doesnt seem to hurt those fisheries when it comes to fishing for LMB.. I do agree that plez needs more cover though.

#26 ·
Wrong. Most of the lakes in Tx have stripers and it doesnt seem to hurt those fisheries when it comes to fishing for LMB.. I do agree that plez needs more cover though.
Im glad you brought this up. There are a lot of other lakes around the country that have a mix of LMB and Stripers. What makes them different than Plez that allows their LMB populations to thrive while the LMB population at Plez seems to be declining? I know a common argument here on the zone for not doing well at Plez is - "Its not the lake - its the fisherman. You guys just cant fish." - but there's GOT to be more to it than that. Id think so anyway!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.