Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Official Urban/Pond thread.

337K views 2K replies 254 participants last post by  fishAZ 
#1 ·
for those of us who don't own a boat and can't get out on the big lakes, discuss pond fishing here. secret ponds can be traded through PM. ;)

#2,042 ·
TTL 5/18

Fished 6:30 to 10:30...Avoided the hoopla of the triathlon and parked by the marina. Walked the shore line east of there. We fished all the way to the bridge picking up a few here and there. My buddy and I totaled 9 dropshotting a small imitation crawdad bait.....Doin' my part to keep the urban pond thread alive.....Tight Lines.....TTB

Attachments

#2,044 ·
Tempe Town Lake Report

Bass have settled into a consistent summer pattern at TTL. Fish are patrolling very close to the wall to about eight feet out. No need to make long casts. T rigs, C rigs "WACKY" rigs and ds are all producing. Just pick a spot where you can see some bait around and your in business......In this short video I made I give up one of my spots....hope you like it......Tight Lines.....TTB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQYrbIh3qWk

#2,046 ·
Tempe Town Lake Report, July 2, 2014

Fished 6 am to 10 am. Fish still on the chew. Must of had at least 20 bites. A few I missed and a couple I dropped but still managed to pull 12 over the wall. Most were on the "dinky" side but I did stick one honest 3 lb.'er that hammered a white shad imitation worm. Best action was on the south side west of the lite rail bridge......Tight Lines......TTB

Attachments

#2,049 ·
Fished 6 am to 10 am. Fish still on the chew. Must of had at least 20 bites. A few I missed and a couple I dropped but still managed to pull 12 over the wall. Most were on the "dinky" side but I did stick one honest 3 lb.'er that hammered a white shad imitation worm. Best action was on the south side west of the lite rail bridge......Tight Lines......TTB
That must be one of those new tungsten largemouths!

I've been having a lot of luck at TTL with anything with gold on it lately. Spinnerbaits and crank baits along the south wall, and plastics under the bridges. I went through an entire pack of SXE Shad Roboworms the other day in about 45 mins.

#2,053 ·
TTL 7/10/14

Fished 6 to 9:30 south side east of Mill ave bridge....Better fish this evening. Stuck 11 and only three were dinks. rest were decent sized rats and chunks. Caught on drop shot and Texas rig robos in Arron's pro shad color....Guys, do yourself a favor and switch to T- rig after it gets dark. You'll be glad you did.......Tight Lines ....TTB

Attachments

#2,067 ·
Thank you for teaching him how to hold the fish the right way!!! Way too many people (on this site included) hold them horizontally one handed cause they think it looks cool or some crap. (It's funny, the same people on here that give others crap for taking home bass are the ones sending them back into the lake with dislocated jaws so they can't eat and die anyway...)

#2,068 ·
Thank you for teaching him how to hold the fish the right way!!! Way too many people (on this site included) hold them horizontally one handed cause they think it looks cool or some crap. (It's funny, the same people on here that give others crap for taking home bass are the ones sending them back into the lake with dislocated jaws so they can't eat and die anyway...)
all of mine iv held horizontally have swam off just fine without a dislocated
jaw : Jerk-it

#2,072 ·
Yeah, check out the Facebook page for AZ Kayak and Motorless Fishing Group. It's really more of just a meet up/hang out but we wanted to add a bit of excitement. Everyone will throw in a five dollar bag of plastics or lure and winner takes all.

Saturday, August 2nd, 6am to 11:30am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.