West Clear Creak - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

August 28th, 2014     06:05 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fisheries/habitat

Old August 30th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #1
hellion_locdogg

West Clear Creak

Anyone fish here, regs say unlimited smb, lmb, cat. Thinking of a hiking trip for smb.
hellion_locdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2011, 12:02 AM   #2
JNHoffman57

A buddy was there a week ago and said it was real muddy. You can get into the smallies and decent size trout if you don't mind hiking off the beaten path.
JNHoffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:20 AM   #3
hellion_locdogg

That was the plan, like an all day hike. Just can't decide if it's a thing I want to do by myself or not, not sure of the critters in that area. Thinking about Sunday if anyone is interested.
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:39 AM   #4
bass&cats1101

Wheres this at now? I very well may be interested, never caught a smallie. I deff. Dont mind gettin off the trail ive walked thru worse and critters arent usually too big of a problem. Get some snake shot and your all set.
bass&cats1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:15 AM   #5
bigfrog789

I did a hike back that way once a few years back. There are some nice pools to fish but its deff. off the beaten path. We hiked a good 3-4 hours up and down hills and through the creek and found a cool spot to camp right next to the water. Vegetation is/was so thick next to the creek that you had to walk through the water from pool to pool as you couldnt walk along the bank. Caught a few good sized trout and a bunch of real small LM, but never any smallies. Shoot me a PM if you want more info on the trail we took. Starts right outside of Camp Verde (Bull Pen Trail Head I believe)...
bigfrog789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:41 PM   #6
hellion_locdogg

BF that's the map route I have that a friend sent me, him and his girl hike it quite a bit.
Old August 31st, 2011, 03:13 PM   #7
bigfrog789

Wish I could go with you man. Ive wanted to head back there again for a while but I wont be in town. Its a pretty good hike back to the good spots so Id suggest planning an overnight camp. If not, you can still hit a few good pools and make it back that same day, but your in for a LOT of walkin so be prepared. Wear some shoes that you can get wet too because you'll be walking over and through the creek quite a bit. Im down to make a trip with you this fall when it cools down a tad. Beautiful area back there. Pretty sure we saw a pack of beavers or otters the night we were there. Could see their eyes going back and forth over the creek about 100 yards away. From the way they moved they had to be otters or beavers. TONS of wildlife back there. Take a camera.
bigfrog789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 03:20 PM   #8
hellion_locdogg

Hey Chris do you have a camera, the only thing I have that flashes is my gun and I'll be bringing that too. Planning early as F Sun morn if you can do that.