Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Az Game & Fish on Lake Pleasant aka Lake Dump Hole!

10K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Franklin J 
#1 ·
From Az G & F website on 10/11/12

"The lake survey is not yet finished, but preliminary data suggests excellent largemouth bass numbers in the Aqua Fria and Humbug arms of Lake Pleasant."

:moon::Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:

This isn't what the last completed report showed a year or so ago - what has changed? Was there some secret massive stocking project?

#38 ·
plez gets a bad rap, if you catch that lake at the right time in the right place it can be a day to remember. back in 2007, that year it got cold as hell, my brother and caught 8 fish, the 5 biggest being all over 4 with a 6.5 kicker, all crank bait fish in january! I grew up on that lake, and with two marinas, alot of extra traffic, it has slowed but i have had some of my best days on that lake.

#39 ·
Pleasant is an excuss lake to most who fish it.

theres too many boats, its too rough, its too windy. theres too many stripers( before the stripers it was theres too many white bass) etc etc.
Pleasants a 5-7lb lake there in there and they get caught often during certain times of the year. when we actually get rain it jumps from 5-6 to 7-8lbs.
Theres tons of cover at pleasant, theres many big bass at pleasant, ya just gotta know how to fish it. those that do do very good.

Delw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.