SECRET ARY OF' STATE
FILED
2011 JAN 28 AM 8: 31
DIRECTOR'S ORDER 3 - R03/11 - AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES
MANDATORY CONDITIONS ON THE MOVEMENT OF WATERCRAFT, VEHICLES,
CONVEYANCES, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT FROM LISTED WATERS
WHERE AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES ARE PRESENT
EFFECTIVE MARCH 1,2011

Effective March 1, 2011 the Arizona Game and Fish Department, under the authority of A.R.S. § 17-255.0I(B),
establishes mandatory conditions for movement of watercraft, vehicles, conveyances, or other equipment necessary
to abate, eradicate, or prevent the spread of listed aquatic invasive species (AIS) within or from those waters or
locations listed in Arizona Game and Fish Department - Director's Order 2 - R03/11 (Listed Waters), A.A.R. 17,
Register Editor insert page number, February 18,2011.

Day Use Boater
The following protocols shall be taken for watercraft, vehicles, conveyances, or other equipment
(e.g., fishing gear, anchor, etc.) that have been in or on a listed water/location for 5 days or less:
Before leaving the vicinity of any listed water in Arizona:
  • Remove any clinging material such as plants, algae, animals, and mud from anchor, boat, motor,trailer, and all other equipment.
  • Remove the plug (when so equipped) and drain the water from the bilge, live-well and any other compartments that may hold water.
  • Drain water from engine, engine compartments, and engine cooling systems.
  • Dry - Allow watercraft, vehicles, conveyances, or other equipment to dry completely.
  • If using watercraft again in less than five days at any other Arizona waters, replace bilge drain plug and disinfect the bilge by pouring not less than one gallon of vinegar into the bilge.

The following protocols shall be taken for the prevention/control of:
New Zealand mudsnail (Potamopyrgus antipodarum)

Dry completely all equipment which has been in contact with the listed water.
Before using in any other waters in Arizona, treat all fishing equipment (including, but not limited
to, felt-soled waders, boots, nets, tackle) with a minimum IO-minute exposure to a 5% solution of
quaternary ammonia (e.g. QuatI28®, Formula 409®, Sparquat®).

The following protocols shall be taken for the prevention/control of:
Didymo, a.k.a. rock snot (Didymosphenia geminate:

Dry completely all equipment which has been in contact with the listed water.
Before using in any other waters in Arizona, treat all fishing equipment (including, but not limited
to, felt-soled waders, boots, nets, tackle) with bleach or 5% solution of quaternary ammonia (e.g.
Quatl28®, Formula 409®, Sparquat®).

AR.S. 17-255.0I(C)(l); Watercraft, vehicles, conveyances, or other equipment are subject to inspection upon entry
into this state, during overland transport within this state, or upon departure from any water or location listed in
Arizona Game and Fish Department- Director's Order 2 - Effective March 1,2011, AA.R. AA.R. 17, Register
Editor insertpage number, February 18, 2011.

AR.S. 17-255.0I(C)(3); A person departing from any water or location listed in Director's Order 2 - Effective
March 1, 2011 may be required to decontaminate watercraft, vehicles, conveyances, or other equipment in the manner required by Order.

A.R.S. 17-255.02 (1); A person shall not possess, import, ship, or transport into or within the State of Arizona
Aquatic Invasive Species listed under Arizona Game and Fish Department - Director's Order 1 - Effective March 1,
2011, A.A.R. 17, Register Editor insert page number, February 18,2011.

A.R.S. 17-255.02 (2); A person shall not release, place or plant an aquatic invasive species identified in Arizona
Game and Fish Department - Director's Order 1 - Effective March 1,2011 into waters of this state or into any water
treatment facility, water supply or water transportation facility, device or mechanism.

A.R.S. 17-255.02 (3); A person shall not place in any waters ofthis state any equipment, watercraft, vessel, vehicle
or conveyance that has been in any water or location listed in Arizona Game and Fish Department- Director's Order
2 - Effective March 1,2011 without being first decontaminated in the manner required by this Order.

A. R. S. 17-255.02(4); A person shall not sell, purchase, barter or exchange an aquatic invasive species identified in
Arizona Game and Fish Department - Director's Order 1 - Effective March 1, 2011.

The name and address of agency personnel with whom persons may communicate regarding this Order:
Name: Tom McMahon, Invasive Species Coordinator
Address: Arizona Game and Fish Department, WMHB
5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086-5000
(623) 236-7271
(623) 236-7366
tmcmahon@azgfd.gov
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Delw

I thought I would post this to make sure everyone knows the rules due to this thread, as I think it caught alot of people by surprize.
http://www.azbasszone.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122532

It might help save someone a ticket. I only posted the Day use boater stuff. Not the long term use stuff as it doesnt apply to very many of us in here.

Don Mitchell Sent me a PDF file that I could copy and past to a thread.
the full PDF is Attached

For more information visit the AZG&F website
http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/aquatic_invasive_species.shtml
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DirectorsOrder3_2011A.pdf (309.6 KB, 259 views)

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #3
markazz

Interesting. I guess it makes sense.

The one question I have is, how will the know if you have actually gone through the steps and that someone didnt just dry out there livewell, etc.
markazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #4
morefish

Thanks, it doesn't get much clearer than that.
morefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM   #5
JTR186

Guss the junk doesn't go through the dams that connect all the lakes.
JTR186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #6
whyworry

Hopefully this will help the folks who needed "wash" and/or "decontaminate" defined previously. Damn, I would love to see some coupons distributed.
whyworry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #7
littledog

Totaly Stupid. Only in AZ or Cal.

1. "Dry Completely" ??? Really . .
So every boat trailer has carpeted rails and fender gaurds with carpet over 2x4s or plywood.
Your telling me that when folks take out, they're supposed to stand around the ramp and wait for the carpet and plywood to completely dry out?? Lets see . . a cloudy cool day in February . . will only have to wait about six hours to "dry completely" !!

2. "Disenfect w/ 5% bleach solution before entering another lake" . . .
And you will enforce this how ??? If someone goes to one lake on Friday and another on Sunday, how will the inspecting office know where the boaters been?

These are rules that can not be enforced; totally impracticle; and founded on pure histaria. The definition of insanity.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #8
littledog

I've got a better solution for the mud snail problem !!
Everywhere that these critters have shown up, the smallmouth population has exploded.

The answer . . stock large quantities of smallmouth in all AZ lakes and remove the saltwater stripe that feed on their young.

. . then we will probably have rules about reducing numbers of big smallmouth.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #9
IHV2FSH

I don't think the intent is for you to wait at the lake for your stuff to dry only do all this if you are going to another body of water within the 5 days???
IHV2FSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #10
J1mbo

A stupid waste of tax payer money
J1mbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #11
BassTrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledog View Post
Totaly Stupid. Only in AZ or Cal.

1. "Dry Completely" ??? Really . .

Yep, who comes up with these idiotic requirements. Someone needs to be slapped up side the head for this one.

They also need to define "vicinity" Should I sit on the launch ramp until EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY DRY???? Hell, that could take days!
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #12
JDBassman

This whole ordeal is a joke...its not a matter of IF it happens, its WHEN...people need to pull their heads out of thier asses. They would be better off saving the taxpayer dollars to put towards any types of maintenance programs in order to clean this stuff off and maintain efficiency. It is what it is and making people jump through these ridiculous hoops is just proof of their lack of intelligence towards prolonging the inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JDBassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #13
whyworry

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1mbo View Post
A stupid waste of tax payer money
In what way, shape, or form does this involve taxpayer money?
whyworry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Bassinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyworry View Post
In what way, shape, or form does this involve taxpayer money?
Cause he's a tax payer and it's his money?
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #15
Don

Littledog you hit it on the head!! What if you were fishing at nite it would be the next day before it is dry. what if it is raining?? not only that who is going to put 5% bleach by volum in there boat not knowing if it will damage the interior. but having said this they do need a way to controll the spread. I did hear that there is movement on to stop fishing in the state true or not I do not know. But I do know there are special interest groups that do not want anyone useing public land, forests and etc. and they are taking our rights away slowly. So what they say we have to do is by far going to far But again a away to discorage the use of boats or anything that floats. An item that is need to fish from. Time will tell --- catch a big one
Don is offline   Reply With Quote