Arizona Bass Zone

April 28th, 2017     01:20 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fisheries/habitat

Old June 19th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #16
Army Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
Actually 4000 pounds per yard, shotcreate is 3800 pounds, that's what pools are made with. Pontoon boat or the like, with a hole in the middle to lower the units down with. Or call Army Flyer and tell him you have some free training time. His rig will lift that in the cooler weather.
Haha we are now running 701D engines.... on a cool day we can carry two
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #17
Army Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
Actually 4000 pounds per yard, shotcreate is 3800 pounds, that's what pools are made with. Pontoon boat or the like, with a hole in the middle to lower the units down with. Or call Army Flyer and tell him you have some free training time. His rig will lift that in the cooler weather.
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:24 PM   #18
Scott S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Flyer View Post
Got a Spare? That would work perfect in my tunnel boat.

Compressor Stages: 6

High-Pressure Turbine/Low-Pressure Turbine Stages: 2/2

Nominal Diameter (Inches): 15.6

Length (Inches): 46

Dry Weight (Lb.): 456

• Key Technology Features:
  • Commercial infusion of HPT and combustor component technology
  • Application Examples:
  • UH-60M Blackhawk
  • AH-64D Longbow Apache Block III
Specific Fuel Consumption at Max. Power (Lb./Shp.-Hr.): 0.465
Max. Power at Sea Level (Shp.): 1,994

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pro-Tech mat Distributor..
Sparta Carpet 20 oz plush 24 oz Ultra Plush , Distributor, Installer
Marine Vinyl flooring, 2 weights, 20 colors.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2013, 07:53 PM   #19
RookieBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishless View Post
what is TBF?

the crappie club along with bass federation guys and others built a bunch of the reef balls in the parking lot at tempe town lake (if you look at g and f video archieves) for wildlife views you will see the segment on them. Was a trial run to see how easy they are to build, move and deploy. They aint real easy to build and weigh a ton almost flipped a fork lift putting them on a pontoon boat that looked like the titanic so we finally floated them out with huge rubber inflated buoys till the drop area. I recommended to Chris that they switch to light weight cement a little more costly but much easier to manage. Last I heard g and f was caught up in "cease and stop" order from the manufacturer of the molds as there were some things dealing with patents etc. and everything was on hold, maybe they worked it out. Bartlett is getting habitat now from TNF if you saw the lake before it filled the county jail inmates built a bunch of the plastic habitat and it was taken out all over the lake on angled shore lines, only thing I didn't like is they quit using the banana plant structures just the cages with plastic mesh. I personally am not real sold on the reef balls, they are not that tall and with all our silt in the lakes I see them being covered in muck with in a couple years and additionally unless you mark them well they are like a large cement ball with holes in it, if you put them up shallow (where they should be for small fish to hide etc.) I think the liability if someone hits one of those things with a lower unit might be bad it would be like hitting an unmarked reef or rock? I still think the plastic habitat is the way to go the first generation at bartlett lasted for 20yrs and until it was exposed for a long time to ultra violet sunlight that broke down the plastic and idiots kids playing on the habitat and breaking it all the hell it worked well in bartlett. All the habitat they are building and installing in havasu I think is all plastic and if not exposed to sunlight often will last a long time.
Use

Paragraphs......my eyes are bleeding.
RookieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:18 PM   #20
RookieBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitshot View Post
anyone tell me why we need reef balls?let's say we save the money,so next time SRP kills the fish in the lakes,we can restock them with out us fisherman having to donate.fish are survivalists,they are not like 48% of the population that are not.what a waste of money!
SRP does not kill the fish.

"We can restock them with out us fisherman having to donate"

Actually that fat grant and donation from the TBF will pay dividends in the years ahead.

Liquid wanted to place structure in certain parts of Saggy. He wasn't too far off in his thought process.

Big cement balls with holes will work.

No reason to restock, Saguaro will reproduce on it's own ( dam lake is a survivor and fishing is off the hook lately with quality fish) .Those fry will hide near those big balls. All they have now is the cattails and grass on Saggy, but that's better than Bartlett right now. More structure will definitely help any lake right now.

Bartlett can definitely benefit from these reef balls. I would pick Bartlett first over Saguaro. Saguaro has natural living cover, Bartlett has boulders and needs more of them.

Who's going to step up and volunteer and help out build these things and place them?

I know I will.

Splitshot, just sit back and watch. These reef balls will work where ever they are placed.

They provide an awesome place to dropshot in and around which fits your strength!

Take care dude!
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM   #21
BassTrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieBoy View Post
SRP does not kill the fish.

"We can restock them with out us fisherman having to donate"

Actually that fat grant and donation from the TBF will pay dividends in the years ahead.

Liquid wanted to place structure in certain parts of Saggy. He wasn't too far off in his thought process.

Big cement balls with holes will work.

No reason to restock, Saguaro will reproduce on it's own ( dam lake is a survivor and fishing is off the hook lately with quality fish) .Those fry will hide near those big balls. All they have now is the cattails and grass on Saggy, but that's better than Bartlett right now. More structure will definitely help any lake right now.

Bartlett can definitely benefit from these reef balls. I would pick Bartlett first over Saguaro. Saguaro has natural living cover, Bartlett has boulders and needs more of them.

Who's going to step up and volunteer and help out build these things and place them?

I know I will.

Splitshot, just sit back and watch. These reef balls will work where ever they are placed.

They provide an awesome place to dropshot in and around which fits your strength!

Take care dude!
The grant was to the Arizona B.A.S.S. Nation and the donation came from Midweek Bass Anglers. The grant itself came from Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation.

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/arizo...ant-reef-balls

The TBF is a great organization and I'm sure they'll be volunteering to make and place the habitat, but if you're going to be handing out credit, please give credit where credit is due.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:47 AM   #22
splitshot

cool, I can't wait to get a 18lb sack out of Bartlett.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:57 PM   #23
RookieBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassTrix View Post
The grant was to the Arizona B.A.S.S. Nation and the donation came from Midweek Bass Anglers. The grant itself came from Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation.

The TBF is a great organization and I'm sure they'll be volunteering to make and place the habitat, but if you're going to be handing out credit, please give credit where credit is due.
My Bad!
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM   #24
bigfrog789

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitshot View Post
cool, I can't wait to get a 18lb sack out of Bartlett.
You and me both!
bigfrog789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:16 AM   #25
Cavebacon

Bartlett probably needs them most, but where do you put them where in a month they wont be out of the water?

Also, why do our lakes not have spotted bass in them? Is there something with the heat that they wouldn't take, or money, or that out Game and fish is slightly behind on stocking spots in our bigger lakes.
Cavebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:37 AM   #26
ge_krueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassTrix View Post

+1 Brian. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of THE ARIZONA BASS FEDERATION
Join today at
ge_krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #27
Mark of Lawmans Bass Club

donation of materials

I have been in contact with a local electrical supply company that has a good deal of conduit piping (PVC) that they are willing to donate to game and fish for the constuction of structure.

I called Chris C. of G&F and am just awaiting the final word on what to do next in order to begin the acquisition process.

We are going to need volunteers for constuction and placement. I am awaiting calls from other district managers so we can work all of this out. I am sure the structure placement idea is still in the planning stages.

Sure hope we can make a bunch of structure to help with our lakes that are devoid of places for those baby fish to hide.

PM me if you want to think about volunteering as an individual or club. We can start a call list, but again, I have no idea when this project would begin.
Mark of Lawmans Bass Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #28
johnwilliam

great news for saguaro lake guys!!!

johnwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #29
Bloodshotwizard

It would be nice to see some of the cheaper rebar man made tree structures in the local community ponds as well. Evelynn hallman and the Papago ponds and Kiwanis could use some badly. Desert breeze has a bunch of picnic table sunk in it. Actually a few of those would work too
Bloodshotwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #30
Keith

I work for a precast concrete manufacturer. We could certainly manufacture these reef balls if that's what's needed?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote