April 28th, 2017     01:21 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fisheries/habitat

Old October 9th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1
AzWalleye

USFS reverses decision on closures in Utah

From Waynes Words
http://www.wayneswords.com/index.php...id=16&id=68406

U.S. Forest Service (USFS) officials informed the Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR) this morning that they have reversed their decision to close all USFS boat ramps in Utah as part of the government shutdown. All USFS boat ramps will now be open, including those at Strawberry and Flaming Gorge reservoirs.
Forest Service officials also indicated that campgrounds, outhouses and fish cleaning stations will still be closed.
Again, please encourage hunters, anglers and other wildlife recreationists to keep federal closures such as these in mind when planning their activities.
Dean
Dean Mitchell
Conservation Outreach Section Chief

Member of Anglers United, UAAF and Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation
AzWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Davek

Congrats to the folks in Utah. Maybe it will inspire some officials in Az.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Froggin'n Slop44

AZ Game and Fish won't do anything...go figure. As long as the trout fisheries are A-Okay that's all they care about. This is why I want to work for Game and Fish when I'm done with college. Try to make a difference for the bass fishing community here in AZ. Someone needs to do it.
--Phillippians 4:13
Froggin'n Slop44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Bob La Londe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggin'n Slop44 View Post
AZ Game and Fish won't do anything...go figure. As long as the trout fisheries are A-Okay that's all they care about. This is why I want to work for Game and Fish when I'm done with college. Try to make a difference for the bass fishing community here in AZ. Someone needs to do it.
You need to get involved in politics and get appointed to the commission to make any real difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #5
ronald schofield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
You need to get involved in politics and get appointed to the commission to make any real difference.
Bob, I disagree with you on your statement. If enough people get together and show a willingness to work with G&F and the commission you can get things changed. Unfortunatly it seems bass fishermen don't want to help in a constructive manner. All they seem to do is bitch and cry. GET INVOLVED PEOPLE!
ronald schofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #6
Bob La Londe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald schofield View Post
Bob, I disagree with you on your statement. If enough people get together and show a willingness to work with G&F and the commission you can get things changed. Unfortunatly it seems bass fishermen don't want to help in a constructive manner. All they seem to do is bitch and cry. GET INVOLVED PEOPLE!
I disagree with your gross stereotype of bass anglers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #7
ronald schofield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
I disagree with your gross stereotype of bass anglers.
I respect your right to disagree.
ronald schofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM   #8
AZAllen

I doubt that bass anglers are any better or worse than people with other passions. I do believe that there are many things which could be helped if Game and Fish or the Refuge managers would solicit help from the users. They rarely do and sometimes it seems they discourage the idea of the getting help from the "masses".
There are always some who will respond to a call for help to make things better for all. Clubs are often very willing to try to get their members to pitch in.
And Bob is right, you need to be involved to make a difference. I admit I do not get involved often-too much of a hermit, which is something I need to work on.
AZAllen is offline   Reply With Quote