Lake Mead dropped 8 Feet in the past 2 days! - Page 3 - AZBZ Forums
           
Arizona Bass Zone

   
April 28th, 2017     01:22 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fisheries/habitat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 28th, 2015, 02:39 PM   #31
pauly
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 405
I figure the Earth has been covered in fire, and the Earth has been covered in ice, shit changes.
pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 28th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #32
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
It's a new phenomenon known as El Nino.

Oh wait, you mean El Nino patterns aren't new? Huh.
The effects of El Nino happen April through October in South America not in the United States. El NINO effects North America in the winter months. You will have wetter and cooler conditions in the southwest, cali, Texas and northeast mexico. Dry conditions in the Midwest and Northeast. The direct opposite happened this year. And plus South America was flooding in January and February. That is supposed to happen April through October. So either this is a strange El nino pattern or the effects will come this next winter.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 06:08 PM   #33
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by basman1313 View Post
I find it interesting that anytime there is a climate change or major weather event It must be "Man's" fault, some tree got cut down or oil drilling, or.......

Its always as though we just did something and now we are paying the price.

Back in 1978-1980, in AZ we had the 100 year flood followed by the 500 year flood, what caused that?

So what caused the drought known as the dirty 30's?

What caused the ice age?

Down through history there have been alot of extremes from heat to cold, wet to dry. There have been massive earthquakes and enormous volcanic eruptions.
I guess primal man was awfull damn busy ****ing up the earth long before the stone age, much less the modern age.
OK at this point it is hard to deny and keep a straight face.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomzelle...o-earthquakes/

That is what happens when u frack.

Now we can see what happens when you take millions of gallons of polluted water from f racking and dump it deep in the earth on fault lines by conducting a simple experiment. Build a wooden box without the top. Put a hose at the bottom then cover the hose with dirt and rocks until the box is full. Turn the hose on and see what happens.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old May 28th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #34
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
They just started fracking in Nevada. They just started fracking in Saudi Arabia. You will see an increase of earthquakes in those places.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 09:40 PM   #35
jbv
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPompous View Post
The effects of El Nino happen April through October in South America not in the United States. El NINO effects North America in the winter months. You will have wetter and cooler conditions in the southwest, cali, Texas and northeast mexico. Dry conditions in the Midwest and Northeast. The direct opposite happened this year. And plus South America was flooding in January and February. That is supposed to happen April through October. So either this is a strange El nino pattern or the effects will come this next winter.
NOAA says 90% chance of El Nino continuing in North America through summer of 2015...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product.../ensodisc.html

Don't just read wiki as you source for everything....
jbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2015, 06:24 AM   #36
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
NOAA says 90% chance of El Nino continuing in North America through summer of 2015...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product.../ensodisc.html

Don't just read wiki as you source for everything....
A drought in Cali in an El Nino year while floods in the northeast how weird.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2015, 07:14 AM   #37
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
NOAA says 90% chance of El Nino continuing in North America through summer of 2015...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product.../ensodisc.html

Don't just read wiki as you source for everything....
Upper level systems stalling over Texas near the Southern Jet Stream for a month now is certainly a weird weather event. With or without an El nino pattern.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2015, 11:11 AM   #38
Catfish Campbell
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler
Posts: 1,128
Images: 98
Not sure if you guys have seen this but looks like the 8 ft drop at Mead is not accurate..

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/wa...the-earthquake
__________________
"Goddamn, you play a mean banjo. I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!"
TR20 with 225 Optimax
Catfish Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2015, 05:16 PM   #39
basman1313
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: nw valley
Posts: 4,192
Images: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Campbell View Post
Not sure if you guys have seen this but looks like the 8 ft drop at Mead is not accurate..

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/wa...the-earthquake
the stagecoach you get your news from must have been running late this month
__________________
"Somebody needs to go back and get a shitload of dimes!"
basman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2015, 08:10 AM   #40
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
A 7.8 today near Japan. Lucky it was deep under the earth's crust. There has been minor quakes still happening north of Vegas.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 09:47 AM   #41
BassTrix
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,831
Images: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPompous View Post
A 7.8 today near Japan. Lucky it was deep under the earth's crust. There has been minor quakes still happening north of Vegas.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/worl...cle2840945.ece

Who would have guessed this was the cause of all these earthquakes!
__________________
Colors catch fishermen, Confidence catches fish.
BassTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 11:06 AM   #42
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassTrix View Post
http://www.newindianexpress.com/worl...cle2840945.ece

Who would have guessed this was the cause of all these earthquakes!
That has just as much validity as the tectonic plate theory. A bunch of small earthquakes build to a big one. And the area north of Vegas is still shaking.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 11:35 AM   #43
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
It's a new phenomenon known as El Nino.

Oh wait, you mean El Nino patterns aren't new? Huh.
You also have to take into account the blob, axial sea mount and the pdo.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Images, Logos, Trademarks are property of thier respective owners, All other content Copyright 2003 AZBassZone.com , All Rights Reserved.