ASU Research Park - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

April 29th, 2017     10:30 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fisheries/habitat

Old June 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #1
The Herminator

ASU Research Park

Can someone tell me how to get to ASU Research Park lake. I'm heading down to the Valley tomorrow from Sedona and want to try some of the new stuff I am going to buy at BPS.

Thanks Guys!
The Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 13th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #2
Obewan

Once finished at BPS get back on the 202 West Bound. Then stay in the right lane and watch for the exit to 101 North/South. From the time you get onto the freeway till the 101 exit is no more than 2 miles. Stay in the lane for the 101 South.

Continue down the 101 South about 8 miles until you reach Elliott Road. Exit and turn Right at the corner onto Elliott heading West. Take the next immediate left turn onto Riverview Parkway and you are in now in ASU research park. riverview will run until the road reaches Warner. Roughly a mile long.

There will be a lake on your left just past this first building then almost as soon is another lake on the right and then the final lake on the left. Fishing for me has been usually in the second lake on the right.

I used to work in the first building on the right as you turn into the park. Watch where you park there used to be issues. For me I would take the second right turn after I entered the park then take the first left and then park on the East side of the building. This puts you close to the second lake and your vehicle is out of the way too.

You might want to grab a water or soda from BPS to carry with you. Nothing available there.

FYI: Zoom plastics are still 25% off

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob
Obewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #3
The Herminator

Thanks Obewan, I appreciate the info!!
The Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #4
VISHUS

Herminator,

the Talapia are spawning (they are almost white, you can't miss them), they are pretty protective of their nest. I saw a lot of bass yesterday cruising the shoreline, they were busting shad in the middle of the second lake (the biggest lake, and the second lake as you enter from either North or South). I was only there for about ten minutes and caught some bed Talapia with a shakey worm setup, I would be shaking it and get a hit and when I set the hook it was always a Talapia...

Looked like some topwater or shad cranks would have been the ticket. Park over by the Walgreen's office at the South end of the lake, that is where I saw them busting shad and the bedding Talapia...

sid
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #5
Obewan

Glad I could help, I had some good luck with Bass Assassins and T-rigs. Let us know how you did at the park.

Bob
Obewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 08:53 PM   #6
shahar

Question ASU research park: is it still active?

Any news from this pond????
shahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM   #7
Cole

Have been up there the last week and there's hardly any bite, I did catch a 15 inch crappie out of there this am..
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM   #8
Bassinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Have been up there the last week and there's hardly any bite, I did catch a 15 inch crappie out of there this am..
They have crappie in there?? I had no idea about that. Which lake and what did you catch it on?
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:05 PM   #9
Cole

Yeah at first I though it was a talapia but it wasn't, caught it in the middle lake on a clackin rap, is that normal to catch them on some thing like that?
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:14 PM   #10
Cole

Here's a picture[IMG][/IMG]
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:15 PM   #11
Bassinator

I have no idea. I've never caught a crappie. Guess I know where I'm going to tomorrow.
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:30 PM   #12
Cole

I caught him throwing deep in the middle right along the bottom, paused for a second and he hit like a bass kinda but didn't put up a fight, that was my first one
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #13
SKIRTS'NBASS

The only lake we have caught crappie in is the middle lake. (only lake on the west side of the road that runs thru from warner to elliot). Dont know if they are in the other two east lakes or not. Do fairly decent dropshotting roboworms in the lake closest to warner.
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #14
bassnbeer

is this considered an urban lake ? or is a state f.l good ?
bassnbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #15
Bassinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnbeer View Post
is this considered an urban lake ? or is a state f.l good ?
You have to have a state license, and it's not part of the Urban Fishing program.