The official Game and Word on Stripers - Page 2 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

April 28th, 2017     01:20 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fisheries/habitat

Old July 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #16
JDBassman

I agree Ringer! A stripper is a terrible thing to waste!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JDBassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #17
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer View Post
I never kill them and promise to eat every stripper I find at Pleasant from now on.

Obviously, I can't afford her but I thought you might enjoy a cheap night out.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #18
fester

YAY STRIPPERS

fester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #19
Drunk Hillbilly

Holy Leopard skin Batman!!!!!!!!
Drunk Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #20
JDBassman

Fester....

JDBassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #21
Army Flyer

Quote:
Who Is Going to inforce the law? I usually fish at Rosie since it is the closest lake to me. I have yet to be checked by a Game & Fish Person for six Years. I personally know that the slot limit has been abused. Seems like a law is useless to those who don't want to abide by them,without inforcement. Just my opinion
Well with that logic, why buy a fishing license? If enforcement is the only way we will obey laws, then ALL laws are useless. I believe we as sportsmen should obey laws because are "sportsmen". It is only a matter of ethics.
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #22
kevin

Easy guys, you never know who that girl might be. I heard his wife is with child. Fester, do you have a new fisher person in the family yet?
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #23
fester

thats not my wife.... HAHAHA

No fishergurl yet... still in mommas tummy.. coming soon to a hospital near you.. oct 24th is when she is due. I told her next year during jan and feb no as it would interfere with my hunting season
fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #24
jkole

G&F quote

"It doesn’t take much fish to fill a taco and I can provide a wonderful fish taco recipe that will make you look like a knowledgeable chef at a wild fish dinner."

Hey Del... did you get the recipe?
jkole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #25
Piscolli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Flyer View Post
Well with that logic, why buy a fishing license? If enforcement is the only way we will obey laws, then ALL laws are useless. I believe we as sportsmen should obey laws because are "sportsmen". It is only a matter of ethics.
WORD!
Piscolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #26
crbowen

What is their word on catching striper that is starving and not eatable? At Lake Powell the official word is to recycle it. Better then throwing it in the trash when you get home. AZ F&G need to get realistic. Powell is part of their jurisdiction. Why are regs at Powell and Pleasant any different?
crbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #27
jbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbowen View Post
Why are regs at Powell and Pleasant any different?
maybe because Powell is 95% in Utah and Utah DNR and AFGD share management of the lake?

where is the official word to "recycle" them at powell?
jbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 08:43 AM   #28
azbob

Striped bass Tournament

I'm really suprised that some one has not done a striped bass tournament and have a cheritable organization like St. Vincent De Paul do the preparation of the fish. All fish caught would go to charity, they do the prep right at the lake so the fish could be put on ice right away. Do the tournament as total weight with big fish catch as many as your boat can hold and give a boat away to the winner. Striped bass are very popular fish on the east coast and actually are very good fish to eat. You just have to take out the blood line for the best taste. They are also good fighters. Make it easy for people to catch using either artificial or real bait. A lot of these critters could be taken out of the lake with a tournament like that.

FISHING is a way of life
azbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #29
Delw

BOB
as far as donating them its not cost justifiable and you can't do it with out going through a certain processor that the state allows or oks.

unfortunately in this day and age and state of lawsuits and other things to worry about, it has to be handled by a certified processor before anyone can take it.

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #30
bronzebacklover

My favorite game warden use to watch people through binoculars, I can't wait till one of you gets popped. It is only a matter of time. Some will watch you for hours. What is it fifty dollars per fish. That can add up quick, for some of u, and if they are going to stop you for doing that, they are also going to have a field day on your boat. Like they are going to check pfd's, fire extinguishers, etc.. And all you pot smokers would shit a brick if that happened, you would be tossing your stash faster than a crack dealer on 44th st and broadway. And if you are drinking beer while you are doing it, that even makes you even more stupid than the pot smokers. What would be even more funny is if the game wardens taped it so all of us could see and get a good laugh. Then we will see who will continually talk shit on this subject? Or maybe they don't care, they tend to look the other way when it comes to humbug anyways.
bronzebacklover is offline   Reply With Quote