The official Game and Word on Stripers - Page 3 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

April 29th, 2017     10:33 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fisheries/habitat

Old February 5th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #31
castnblast

I wouldn't say they "Look the other way" and if you think that you are ALWAYS alone when you're in Humbug just cause you don't see any boats you are SORELY MISTAKEN. bronzebacklover is right, G&F are a bunch of sneaky mothers.

BTW, I make a striped bass salad just like tuna fish salad but with striper and it is awesome! Back east Stripers are a prize to be caught and eaten! I've caught lots of Stripers at Pleasant, what's so bad with catch and release anyways?
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #32
BB Nitro

I'm ALL for a good laugh and joke, but I agree on the waste issue, and definatly on the impression it can set with younger sportsmen. If they just see some guy in a nice bass boat with bells and whistles wasting fish they could get the wrong impression of what it is to be a responsable outdoorsmen. just a thought

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brandon Amos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BB Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #33
mason smook

dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBassman View Post
I Hope they dont mean "High Class", or I must be missing something!!
mason smook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #34
FishinPhreak69

Um, maybe I missed something. Is it illegal then to catch and release stripers at Pleasant? If so, I need to go back and find those two I released a couple weeks ago.
FishinPhreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #35
bigolbas

I love those stripers on the grill.
bigolbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #36
catch'n

yeh it is against health code for food banks to take fresh fish. You would think game and fish would know that before putting up a public thing like that. Everything gets recycled anyway.
catch'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #37
adamazfish

What is it with people and stripers here? On the east coast if you catch a big striper your on the front page of the newspaper
adamazfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #38
FISHFEARME

Watchin with bino's ? Really ? ......they are way under staffed & spread too thin to get anyone doin anything these days....I chased some asspipe out of catfish cove a few weeks ago. He had like 20 lmb on a stringer & a few were like 5-7lbs each. He had a few lumps on the back of his damn head too........Theres nobody there to hear anyone scream.......
FISHFEARME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #39
Fishless

you can catch and release stripers, you just can't catch, rip the gills out and sink.

g and f does lotttttttttttts of watching with binos from a distance either on land or out of boats.
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #40
catchandrelease

Most of you guys must be a bunch of young D S s . Delw is 100% right. If you going to kill it , eat it dam it. The logic started at Powell years ago to kill them all. I cooked a dinner on our house boat 2 years ago. Yes I kept a few fish for dinner among the thousands I have released. There is nothing wrong with that.I do not keep fish from small impoundments that need every fish every year to spawn out. I cooked WALLEYE,S.M. BASS, L.M. BASS, CRAPPIE & STRIPED BASS. Put them on a plate in the order I only knew, cooked them the same in a foil boat w/ lemon , butter & garlic.I asked everyone to pick their favorite fish. Was it Walleye no! Crappie no!It was the striped bass.They are great.I was very surprised but I also agreed. To throw them away is a waste and a shame and ILLEGAL !
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #41
fredo

it looks like the rain washed up an old thread...........

Every time I put my line in the water I said a Hail Mary, and every time I said a Hail Mary I caught a fish....
fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #42
CatFishKing

I think we should try and get a bill or law passed so we can use stripers as bait at pleasant, it would save people money on bait and we could use the bones for soup stock haha.
CatFishKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM   #43
alman

Seems like all of us transplanted east coast fisherman have the same view on this matter . I spent 25 years chasing striped bass around the east end of long Island and there is no finer game fish worth the effort . I would still rather catch one 30 , 40 , 50+ lb striper than all the lmb in lake pleasant . Not to mention if properly prepared is leaps and bounds better eating than any other fish available to catch in this state . Killing them just because they put too much pressure one the bass population is is just stupid .
alman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #44
FISHFEARME

Quote:
Originally Posted by alman View Post
Seems like all of us transplanted east coast fisherman have the same view on this matter . I spent 25 years chasing striped bass around the east end of long Island and there is no finer game fish worth the effort . I would still rather catch one 30 , 40 , 50+ lb striper than all the lmb in lake pleasant . Not to mention if properly prepared is leaps and bounds better eating than any other fish available to catch in this state . Killing them just because they put too much pressure one the bass population is is just stupid .
Theres not alot of real big stripers as of yet, or nobody has come off a bigfish pattern that consistantly pumps out 20+lbers. I think once plez gets a pop of real hogs, then the word will get out about how these dogs fight!! Alot of people are resistant to change. Plez is changing, that is no doubt, time will tell if it is for the better. In the meantime, I will chase the linesides when out there cause they pull drag & give a damn good fight. People in Wisc used to flip over the muskie stockings sayin they would eat all the bass. Now we got 5-8+lb bass getting caught each year there. Along with 50+" muskies....Go figure
FISHFEARME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #45
alman

More bigger fish , more better . Well put Fearme
alman is offline   Reply With Quote