Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Laid the smackdown in Michigan.

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  brgbassmaster 
#1 ·
Spent 30 days in michigan home on leave. Once again michigan shows its colors for largemouth and smallmouth. All bass were caught in lakes 200 acres or smaller with not a single person on the water. I could have fished all the big well known smallie lakes but whats the fun in that lol. When you know about the small honey holes. Most bass were caught on Spinnerbaits, Jigs, and swimbaits.

2 days before i left 21.5lb Largemouth bag. All on jigs. Mouths of creeks fish were migrating into for fall. Nice rainy chilly day.

20lb smallie bag. 180 acre inland lake. Laid waste to them.

Some more big smallies from the small inland lake.

Another big bag from the trip.

6.37lb Slammer largemouth. One of my biggest Michigan largemouth bass.

6.56lb Slammer bass 1 hr later. Biggest Michigan largemouth bass.

2nd day of the smallie smackdown.

Another nice slammer largemouth

One more big slammer largie.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys appreciate it. Ynnhoj86 i have fished st clair and that place is a smallie factory. Wasnt able to hit it this time around. I live about 3 hrs north. I like those big lakes. But prefer the small ones. This one we got a tip from somebody and got to the water and we caught 44 smallies just lights out on this baby lake lol. U move out to az? Or just visiting? Excalibur all these fish were caught in Gladwin, the smallies were caught about 30 min from traverse city, and also up in onaway near the bridge caught largies.

#10 ·
Nice, those smaller lakes around there hold some nice fish. Spent a lot of time in Farewell on the lake. Growing up did you ever get over to Reed City and the Pere Marquette for some of those browns/brookies/bows.

#11 ·
Did you ever hit up lake 13 in farewell just past jays? Amazing fishery. So many 3-5lbrs all dock fishing too. I never fished over near reed city for trout. But i do fish in my are of gladwin for browns. Then my wife is from up by the bridge ajd we get into 20 inch brookies at the ocqueoc river.

#12 ·
My uncle had a house on lake 13. The haymarsh was a great area for over sized bass a lot of people never fished it, mostly deer hunted it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.