Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

2014 PSE drive LT

9K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  99Triton 
#1 ·
Anyone happen to have one of these? Or the Drive from 13? Gonna be picking up the Drive LT wanted to hear what people thought of it first.

#13 ·
every bodies got a story about bows and bad customer service.
99.99999999% of the time its the users fault either by abuse or thinking they know what there doing and set it up wrong, dry fires kill most bows.
if the bow was dropped it could have damaged the cam( lots are dropped) usually a burr on it.
in 6-8 months I am at a archery shop 3 times a week and only seen 3 bows that got broke and need to be replaced also heard of others from the guys there the #1 cause is stupidity and all the customers faults. ie dry fires and dropping them on the cam.

so bottom line you heard a bunch of BS and garbage like most people and continue to spread it around. if it was a buddy do you really think he is going to tell you he dropped his bow and damaged it???? of course not he is going to lie about it just like most fishermen do about there rods that they break due to abuse in hoping to get a new one.... Everybody's a victim, no bodies at fault.

since the topic is on bows. I'd like to get started with bow huntin'.. If you where to buy a new (used) bow , which would you buy? Model, year, cams, etc... Thanks for your help.
I just bought a bowtech experience in black ops for one simple reason I liked the looks , Every other bow I looked at looked like shit, they were tacky looking and I didn't like the finish or the slots. like the Mathews looked like some machinist with a shuddering problem machined the riser.. was just too much and had no appeal to me.
I am a machinist so I look at all the little things that most guys wouldn't know. every riser I have seen as well as the cams from every major bow manufacture are perfect and machined nice, I just don't like certain looks or textures.
all the bows out there are great bows, some go faster some go slower
Cliff had 4 bows in 2 months before he decided which one he wanted.
so my suggestion is go out and try them before you buy it they all feel different.

It's 336fps for a bow that's not gonna break the bank that's what attracted me.
I bought mine on looks I wont shoot for speed cause I don't like carbon arrows, I am shooting full metal jacket arrows carbon an alum case. more than likely I will go to only alum arrows.

speed isn't everything. guys were shooting 90 and 100 yards with 55-65 lb bows back in the 80s with heavy ass arrows 2018's 2116s etc etc and getting good groups(popping balloons) yeah there was an arc but it hit what we were aiming at.
Personally I would go for safety carbon fiber SUCKS balls for arrows but that's just my opinion.
I saw one guy have one explode in his hand, not a pretty site, then another guy had one blow up in his hand a month ago( 100% his fault) old sun bleached cracked arrows. some guys are not the brightest in the book.

Delw

#3 ·
anyone that has ever OWNED PSE know they are top notch,I have, and if there are ever any problems Pete and his staff will take care of em,I craked a limb once and they gave me a new bow, I cracked a limb on my hoyt and went through hell to get new limbs, took about 3 months,I dont own PSE now, I have Hoyt and Bowtech but I think it would be a great bow to have, take a drive down to Pete's little shop in Tucson and take a tour, you will be a believer also.

#7 ·
I also shoot a Hoyt and I bowhunt 98% of the time, but wouldn't hesitate to shoot a PSE. Forget what people say they've 'heard". All of those guys (Hoyt,PSE Bowtech, Mathews, Elite, etc) make great products.

If you have a chance to shoot it and like it- buy it.

#12 ·
I had a brief love affair with a new- New Breed Genetix. Wish I didn't sell it, very smooth and hit's the IBO with ease. Watch a vid of the Bear Motive 6, it doesn't hit 280.

#18 ·
Inspect your carbon arrows, flex them and look for cracks or splintering. It does happen, but i would guess the number of arrows safely shot versus those that came apart would astronomicaly on the safe side. But chit does happen like anything else.

Main thing is check your arrow before shooting it. And do not shoot groups and slap arrows around.. I try to refrain from group shooting cause good arrows get expensive. Number each arrow and shoot at spots. That way you will know if the arrow is off or its just you. As for an all time great used bow I would have to go with any older pse with the hf cams one of the most sought after older bows out there imo.
you lost me at exploding arrows, what does it mean to have a carbon arrow "blow up in his hand"

i used aluminum for a long time, while everyone was shooting carbons. i got a away from them because i like to shoot bludgeons and every time i shot an aluminum with a blunt on the end it would bend and be worthless, and that was with that old pse nova. probably wont have that problem with those aluminum anti tank arrows youre talking about though.
these guys above are spot on.

reason I am using alum is cause I wont target shoot I am mainly shooting animals yotes jacks foxs basically anything that moves thats legal. so i want arrows that will last if I hit a rock or tree wrong.
where if I was hunting deer and elk only carbon might be ok as I wouldnt shoot that mainy times a year like you do with varmits.

Delw

#17 ·
Main thing is check your arrow before shooting it. And do not shoot groups and slap arrows around.. I try to refrain from group shooting cause good arrows get expensive. Number each arrow and shoot at spots. That way you will know if the arrow is off or its just you. As for an all time great used bow I would have to go with any older pse with the hf cams one of the most sought after older bows out there imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.