Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Windsheild repair

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  THB 
#1 ·
We have a 1999 Ranger Reata Fish and Ski. Went up to Rosy to play on Sunday and when we got there my son noticed that the drivers side windshield had come out of the lower metal track. There was a screw missing that connected one of the sides to the bottom track. We were able to get it set back in the track and put some duct tape on to keep it in place for the day.

The windshield has a rubber gasket that it fits into and both go into the track. I'm assuming there is some sort of adhesive that is used. Any suggestions on what is best to use?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
On my Nitro there is no adhesive, from what I can see the windshield has to go into the rubber seal first then put the seal and windshield into the track together the track compresses the seal holding the windshield in place. There are screws around the track (frame) holding it together. Mine is made by taylormade...at least the drivers side is, the passenger side was broken when I bought the boat. I finally got the part number and price for it from tracker. they wanted $860 for the glass, and I had to send the frame and seals to them for them to install it. I decided to go with a $68 piece of Lexan from home depot. I cut it to size and formed it myself. Once I got it sized right it holds real well with just the seals, I did not use any type of sealer to hold it. The lexan I used was a little thinner than the original glass, so the seals went into the track real easy. With your regular glass you may have to use soapy water to get the seals in place right with the glass already in there, but once in and the frame all screwed together it should hold fine.

#3 ·
Thanks. We did a real quick fix at the lake, but it looked like there was some glue residue at the bottom of the glass. There are very few screws too so I was really doubting that they were all that was holding it in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.