Who's actually catching fish on this A-RIG now? - Page 2 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

October 1st, 2014     01:10 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #16
rvtraders

I've had some success at Bartlett running it over points and flats between 25-35ft. Had a bunch of hits on baits with no hooks. I've made one with only three wires and just have the one bait without a hook and this may end up being my favorite. I made the wires shorter and I'm only using the weight of the swimbaits no jig heads. It has a nice feel and you can throw it like a spinnerbait. There is definetly a place for them in your tacklebox but it is not the end all of lures, just another tool.
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #17
Franklin J

Best bait Ive used in a long time, like anything theirs a time and place, but Ive caught tons of fish on it, now 2 hooks vs 5 makes a big deal, 2 hooks sucks being that you get s many hits on it
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #18
fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtraders View Post
I've had some success at Bartlett running it over points and flats between 25-35ft. Had a bunch of hits on baits with no hooks. I've made one with only three wires and just have the one bait without a hook and this may end up being my favorite. I made the wires shorter and I'm only using the weight of the swimbaits no jig heads. It has a nice feel and you can throw it like a spinnerbait. There is definetly a place for them in your tacklebox but it is not the end all of lures, just another tool.
i'm with you on this one.
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #19
RookieBoy

I caught one on it at Saggy that went 6+ three weeks ago, then I donated that rig to an artificial tree two casts later.

I donated two A-Rigs to lake unPleasant two weeks ago- do not use swivel snaps with these rigs. Direct tie with 65 Lb braid.
RookieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #20
Dmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieBoy View Post
I caught one on it at Saggy that went 6+ three weeks ago, then I donated that rig to an artificial tree two casts later.

I donated two A-Rigs to lake unPleasant two weeks ago- do not use swivel snaps with these rigs. Direct tie with 65 Lb braid.
Has anyone tried to T-Rig their swimbaits? I haven't thrown the A-rig yet, but was thinking about T-rigging the baits at Rosy so I don't lose it on my first cast.
Dmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #21
jasonR
Captain McSh*tty

Ive got a 3 arm JR Spreader made by the ultra-gangsta BOATCOP. Magically, all of our rivers turned to chocolate crap, but Ive thrown it anyways. I had a 3+ follower but Ive probably made 35 casts with it. Research continues.
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #22
champ,204

Where that a rig is going to shine is at the US Open this year on Mead since they moved it back to September.

Personally I have never seen or tossed a rig since I have not fished in almost 3 years now.
champ,204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #23
Sensai

Caught two today in the last hour before sunset on canyon... They taste great too
Sensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #24
ProMoe

Tried it at apache for a little and had a couple of strikes and one follow it but no hook ups yet
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #25
SwimbaitChucker

if ur not catchin fish on a-rig find a new gig!!!!
SwimbaitChucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #26
Sensai

Play with with the baits that you put on it, experiment. After experimenting with it the first dozen times out i now get bit on the same bait every time and would be totally fine if the law was even only one hook.
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #27
Franklin J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensai View Post
Play with with the baits that you put on it, experiment. After experimenting with it the first dozen times out i now get bit on the same bait every time and would be totally fine if the law was even only one hook.
Yeah right, so what's your strike to catch ratio? With 5 hooks it was almost 1 to 1, with 2 hooks it's like 6 or 7 to 1 for me anyway
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #28
justfishin

I've never used one with 5 hooks but i know for a fact my catch ratio sucks with 2 hooks vs 5. I have noticed its a little better with my three wire version. I hate how many fish i have missed with this bait but it sure it fun to throw and it catches the bigger fish fo sure.
justfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #29
azbaseball

Bored Wednesday night after work i went to Walmart and purchased a 12 inch whisk and a tube of epoxy puddy. Sat at the kitchen table 45 minutes leater 2 4 arm mike rigs. Total cost less then 6 dollars. Used it yesterday at lake Poway in cali caught 3 bass smallest about 2.5 pounds. Just starting to play with it in the lakes but tuned it in the pool with flukes on one great action stop start and hollow belly swim baits on the other. Need to adjust the angle of the wires a little to get better paddle action out of the tail
azbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #30
Sensai

Yesterday was the first time i was out in about 6 weeks and only out for about 2 hours. Out of like the last 20 fish on the rig since i figured out the best way to rig it with only 2 hooks i have only missed maybe 2 fish max. Like i said i would feel totally comfortable with only one hook on there.