2014 PSE drive LT - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

December 21st, 2014     07:42 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Other Topics

Old October 14th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #1
Bassman7725

2014 PSE drive LT

Anyone happen to have one of these? Or the Drive from 13? Gonna be picking up the Drive LT wanted to hear what people thought of it first.
Bassman7725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Kickin Bass

If I were you I'd stay away from PSE, I've heard there having problems with there cams breaking. Go with a hoyt you will not be disappointed.

Kickin Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #3
kevin

anyone that has ever OWNED PSE know they are top notch,I have, and if there are ever any problems Pete and his staff will take care of em,I craked a limb once and they gave me a new bow, I cracked a limb on my hoyt and went through hell to get new limbs, took about 3 months,I dont own PSE now, I have Hoyt and Bowtech but I think it would be a great bow to have, take a drive down to Pete's little shop in Tucson and take a tour, you will be a believer also.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Bob La Londe

My dad has a PSE that's about 30 years old now. No issues. It doesn't have the same let off as a more modern bow, but it shoots nice, and its one of the lower end PSE bows from the time.
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #5
Bassman7725

Thanks for the info, I currently have a Hoyt so I agree I love them. Although my dad and brothers have PSE and swear by them, thought I would give it a try. It's 336fps for a bow that's not gonna break the bank that's what attracted me.
Bassman7725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #6
pauly

Only thing a dont like about pse is that the strings seem low quality.
pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #7
jbeee

I also shoot a Hoyt and I bowhunt 98% of the time, but wouldn't hesitate to shoot a PSE. Forget what people say they've 'heard". All of those guys (Hoyt,PSE Bowtech, Mathews, Elite, etc) make great products.

If you have a chance to shoot it and like it- buy it.
jbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #8
StickBass

Pull Shoot Explode
StickBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #9
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickBass View Post
Pull Shoot Explode
Funny but not true
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #10
StickBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Funny but not true
i shot my first 2 animals with a PSE Nova, i think all the major brands are good. bowtech > all lol, of course its not the bow its the indian using it.
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #11
CubaMex Memo

since the topic is on bows. I'd like to get started with bow huntin'.. If you where to buy a new (used) bow , which would you buy? Model, year, cams, etc... Thanks for your help.
CubaMex Memo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #12
Scott S.

I had a brief love affair with a new- New Breed Genetix. Wish I didn't sell it, very smooth and hit's the IBO with ease. Watch a vid of the Bear Motive 6, it doesn't hit 280.
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #13
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Bass View Post
If I were you I'd stay away from PSE, I've heard there having problems with there cams breaking. Go with a hoyt you will not be disappointed.
every bodies got a story about bows and bad customer service.
99.99999999% of the time its the users fault either by abuse or thinking they know what there doing and set it up wrong, dry fires kill most bows.
if the bow was dropped it could have damaged the cam( lots are dropped) usually a burr on it.
in 6-8 months I am at a archery shop 3 times a week and only seen 3 bows that got broke and need to be replaced also heard of others from the guys there the #1 cause is stupidity and all the customers faults. ie dry fires and dropping them on the cam.

so bottom line you heard a bunch of BS and garbage like most people and continue to spread it around. if it was a buddy do you really think he is going to tell you he dropped his bow and damaged it???? of course not he is going to lie about it just like most fishermen do about there rods that they break due to abuse in hoping to get a new one.... Everybody's a victim, no bodies at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubaMex Memo View Post
since the topic is on bows. I'd like to get started with bow huntin'.. If you where to buy a new (used) bow , which would you buy? Model, year, cams, etc... Thanks for your help.
I just bought a bowtech experience in black ops for one simple reason I liked the looks , Every other bow I looked at looked like shit, they were tacky looking and I didn't like the finish or the slots. like the Mathews looked like some machinist with a shuddering problem machined the riser.. was just too much and had no appeal to me.
I am a machinist so I look at all the little things that most guys wouldn't know. every riser I have seen as well as the cams from every major bow manufacture are perfect and machined nice, I just don't like certain looks or textures.
all the bows out there are great bows, some go faster some go slower
Cliff had 4 bows in 2 months before he decided which one he wanted.
so my suggestion is go out and try them before you buy it they all feel different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman7725 View Post
It's 336fps for a bow that's not gonna break the bank that's what attracted me.
I bought mine on looks I wont shoot for speed cause I don't like carbon arrows, I am shooting full metal jacket arrows carbon an alum case. more than likely I will go to only alum arrows.

speed isn't everything. guys were shooting 90 and 100 yards with 55-65 lb bows back in the 80s with heavy ass arrows 2018's 2116s etc etc and getting good groups(popping balloons) yeah there was an arc but it hit what we were aiming at.
Personally I would go for safety carbon fiber SUCKS balls for arrows but that's just my opinion.
I saw one guy have one explode in his hand, not a pretty site, then another guy had one blow up in his hand a month ago( 100% his fault) old sun bleached cracked arrows. some guys are not the brightest in the book.

Delw
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #14
StickBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delw View Post
every bodies got a story about bows and bad customer service.
99.99999999% of the time its the users fault either by abuse or thinking they know what there doing and set it up wrong, dry fires kill most bows.
if the bow was dropped it could have damaged the cam( lots are dropped) usually a burr on it.
in 6-8 months I am at a archery shop 3 times a week and only seen 3 bows that got broke and need to be replaced also heard of others from the guys there the #1 cause is stupidity and all the customers faults. ie dry fires and dropping them on the cam.

so bottom line you heard a bunch of BS and garbage like most people and continue to spread it around. if it was a buddy do you really think he is going to tell you he dropped his bow and damaged it???? of course not he is going to lie about it just like most fishermen do about there rods that they break due to abuse in hoping to get a new one.... Everybody's a victim, no bodies at fault.

I just bought a bowtech experience in black ops for one simple reason I liked the looks , Every other bow I looked at looked like shit, they were tacky looking and I didn't like the finish or the slots. like the Mathews looked like some machinist with a shuddering problem machined the riser.. was just too much and had no appeal to me.
I am a machinist so I look at all the little things that most guys wouldn't know. every riser I have seen as well as the cams from every major bow manufacture are perfect and machined nice, I just don't like certain looks or textures.
all the bows out there are great bows, some go faster some go slower
Cliff had 4 bows in 2 months before he decided which one he wanted.
so my suggestion is go out and try them before you buy it they all feel different.

I bought mine on looks I wont shoot for speed cause I don't like carbon arrows, I am shooting full metal jacket arrows carbon an alum case. more than likely I will go to only alum arrows.

speed isn't everything. guys were shooting 90 and 100 yards with 55-65 lb bows back in the 80s with heavy ass arrows 2018's 2116s etc etc and getting good groups(popping balloons) yeah there was an arc but it hit what we were aiming at.
Personally I would go for safety carbon fiber SUCKS balls for arrows but that's just my opinion.
I saw one guy have one explode in his hand, not a pretty site, then another guy had one blow up in his hand a month ago( 100% his fault) old sun bleached cracked arrows. some guys are not the brightest in the book.

Delw
you lost me at exploding arrows, what does it mean to have a carbon arrow "blow up in his hand"

i used aluminum for a long time, while everyone was shooting carbons. i got a away from them because i like to shoot bludgeons and every time i shot an aluminum with a blunt on the end it would bend and be worthless, and that was with that old pse nova. probably wont have that problem with those aluminum anti tank arrows youre talking about though.
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #15
Scott S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickBass View Post
you lost me at exploding arrows, what does it mean to have a carbon arrow "blow up in his hand"

i used aluminum for a long time, while everyone was shooting carbons. i got a away from them because i like to shoot bludgeons and every time i shot an aluminum with a blunt on the end it would bend and be worthless, and that was with that old pse nova. probably wont have that problem with those aluminum anti tank arrows youre talking about though.

Since you asked, click on this link. http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...e9&fr2=piv-web