Arizona Bass Zone

August 19th, 2014     09:49 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Other Topics

Old November 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #16
catch'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz View Post
I must be a moron for PAYING for a license and a bond and ins. Makes me feel sorry for the unemployed people that have to steal to pay for their drugs. Why should some people pay to be legal and people with sad stories can just break the law? You were entitled to unemployment benefits not to break the law.
phaz
I thought the exact same thing as soon as I read it. My old man was the same way,... grumbling under his breath about people using unemployment. Its not wealfare bro. It's there to use THATS WHAT IT'S FOR. You have been paying for it since the day you started working so why not use it.

2020- WTF first you say there are plenty of liscensed contractors that do chity work then you say, a man is defined by the job he does, and don't be a scab. So wich is it are you for or against hiring of unliscensed do you even know?

Frank- nothing wrong with helping your neighbor or using someone you know does quality work. But your examples are not what was illustrated in the story you posted. Those are people trying to cheat the system. Where honest people like phaz who are liscensed and boded for the sake of his customers loose jobs to people like they are busting who can charge less because they don't follow the rules.

Fellas why do you think they require liscenses? Because people get phuked out of there money by pieces of chit like that grab the $ and go. Can there liscensed people that do chity work? Of course but some kind of training or regulations or whatever has proven historically to be nescessary.
catch'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #17
NuDay

A license is not required for a job of less than $750. that is total. Not just one portion of the job. This includes materials no matter who buys them. if there are multible jobs going on at the same time the home owner is acting like his own general, the total cost can still not exceed the 750. Home owners do not require a license to work on their own stuff. A license is required for all commercial work. Don't for get the bldg permit or you can be screwed when it comes time to sell or if you need an insurance claim.
Most unlicensed guys are not that much that much cheaper.

PS
If your unlicensed buddy cant afford insurance what makes you think he will be able to stand behind his work or if your house burns down pay your out of pocet expenses.
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #18
kon

I own several properties in Phoenix and Tucson. I have had bad experiences with both licensed & bonded contractors for big jobs and unlicensed handymen for small jobs. I took the biggest hit from a licensed contractor on a addition job. Too complicated to fully explain my case here. I sued and went thru ROC and only recovered less than half of my loses plus attorney fees. I think the trust factor and experience is required when hiring out to unknown tradesmen. Plus the economy puts extra stress on even honest guy's to do jobs just for wages and not profit. Champ explained that one to me on a different thread. I tend to go with the licensed guy's more than not.
kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #19
Dr.6

Do we really need the government in our shit even more. Man up and take your chances or don't. But keep another government watchdog out of it.
Dr.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #20
basskiller

bottom line
its not fair to the contractors who are tring to stay afloat and these unlicensed guys bid so low , the licensed guy gets screwed..
im all for the sting and here to!!
fck you non licensed guyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go get a license like everyone else, shit arizona gives them to anyone!!!
if your worried about someone just check with the BBB or the azroc
basskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #21
arizonadornbusch

Where are all those " Arizona is a right to work state" BS in other posts?

http://www.chandlerbassclub.com/

While the world swelters in midsummer heat, a cult of night fishermen wait for darkness. The reward is a world many will never know, a world of dripping yellow moonlight and awesome blackness, of quiet conversation and sudden excitement, of blind battles with bruiser bass.
arizonadornbusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #22
mtnbiker-x

Dude for real? You don't know a fawking thing about me and your going to say I was stealing to pay for drugs??? Really?

Unemployment would NOT have made my house payment, or pay for health insurance for my wife and I. By the time you file for unemployment and then figure out how to make enough money to make ends meet the unemployment would be canceled out. In other words "big waist of time".
I did what I had to do to keep make my payments and you want to say I was stealing for drug money? You sir are a FAWKING tool!!!!

Wow, I get to add a name to my GFYS list.

Quote:
I must be a moron for PAYING for a license and a bond and ins. Makes me feel sorry for the unemployed people that have to steal to pay for their drugs. Why should some people pay to be legal and people with sad stories can just break the law? You were entitled to unemployment benefits not to break the law.
phaz
mtnbiker-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #23
phaz

I never said you do drugs I don't even know you. I said doing work without a license is a crime and I don't care how you justify it. You were entitled to up and you should have used it. Maybe the people that get caught ripping off customer of their hard earned money should use that excuse in front of the judge maybe he will care about it. And franklin if you help a friend out that is not the same. Oh and yes I am a FAWKING tool.LOL. I had a guy that used to work for me steal my lic. about 2 years ago and got caught ripping off customers and molesting a child and I had no problem going to court and testify against him. He finally got 10 years in prison 3 of those were for me. Sorry you took it wrong but the law is the law.
phaz
phaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #24
phaz

oh and what is GFYS
phaz
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:42 AM   #25
NuDay

mtnbiker x; Alot of people who think like you exampled have no problem justifing there behavior. If these type of people get hurt working without ins. they also can claim that suing the customer is in the best interest of their family. And just because you say you wouldn't doesn't hold a lot of weight, or mean if you died because of it your wife; mother or other family member wouldn't.
A lot of people I have worked with who "put on there tools to do side jobs" have another advantage over licensed contractors. They have used MY MATERIALS to do the job. In one case they used my invoice to get paid and I had to go back and fix the problems.
I guess it is ok not to pay taxes on that income or job either.
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #26
TXRNGR

Phaz,

G= Go
F=F%ck
Y=your
S=self

06 Ranger 188VX
Yamaha 175 HPDI
TXRNGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #27
mtnbiker-x

Well, your not getting the fact that unemployment would not have been enough money to pay my bills and take care of my family. I went down and filed for it, did the math and found out I was in real trouble. i busted my azz doing whatever I could to stay afloat. I mean really, should I just wait till the bank forcloses on my house? Not me bro... I'm going to pick up a shovel, hammer, whatever and go make a buck and pay my bills. The last thing I'm going to do is just wait for someone to take care of me. Oh, and believe it or not I do really good work and never ripped anyone off. Actually I did alot of repairs on the shoddy work others had done. Also, If I intended to make a career of it, I would have made a plan to get a license.

The drug thing, if you didn't mean that towards me, then why did you make a post directed at me saying this?

"Makes me feel sorry for the unemployed people that have to steal to pay for their drugs"

If you didn't intend to imply that I was stealing to pay for drugs then I apologize for the GFYS comment. But if anyone want's to say that I'm stealing to pay for drugs, then yeah GFYS!!!

GFYS= Go Fawk Your Self
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #28
phaz

We got that straightened out I did not mean he was doing drugs. I went to file up years ago and it was such a hassle I just walked away.
phaz
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #29
mtnbiker-x

Quote:
We got that straightened out I did not mean he was doing drugs. I went to file up years ago and it was such a hassle I just walked away.
phaz
Yup, misunderstanding. It's all good!
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #30
jsnags

Franklin
they r busting everyone they busted my uncle not long ago and charged him with 3 felonies! he walked into a sting in cali!

luckily for az there is no enforcement
jsnags is offline   Reply With Quote