Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Heroes on The Water Fundraising Derby

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  bksnaz 
#1 ·
Come on out and support a great cause. It's for vessels without motors only....kayaks, pontoons, float tubes, canoes, SUP, etc.

We are also still looking for donations of unused fishing items to give away as prizes to the winners. Thank you to those who have reached out already, I or somebody from my team has responded.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
To fish in the derby? You need to follow AZ G&F rules, which I believe state that if you're in a kayak which you are and are anchored up you need a 360 degree light. If you don't anchor up and just float around, just having a head lamp or flash light are enough.

#6 ·
I love the effort!

What has been the average turnout for the motor less contingent lately?

Partner up with local clubs with motors?

It's a commendable effort either way..

Canyon is on fire right now!:D

#7 ·
Here is the rule from game and fish for navigation lights on kayaks
Manually propelled watercraft shall carry a lantern or flashlight showing a light that shall be exhibited in sufficient time to avert collision. Lights are not necessary on waters where power craft are prohibited. A white 360-degree light must be displayed from sunset to sunrise any time a watercraft is anchored other than in a special anchorage area.
http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/outdoor_recreation/boating_laws.pdf

...but having buzzed a few way to close because I did not see them until the very last minute because that flashlight was off, get a nav light they are not that expensive and you can use a clamp so you don't need to cut or drill your boat and only take it when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-14180-7-Portable-Marine-Finish/dp/B01B3M2AE2

#8 ·
The night TBA series has had probably around 10-12 for the first 2 tournaments. This one usually draws a few more but this year seems tough to get sign ups so we'll see. We have solid prize packs from Oliver at Pro SwimBaits, James with Blue Collar Baits, Justin from Cactus Wren and a few others so I'm hoping that'll entice a few more people in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.