DITCHED! looking for New Partner - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

November 17th, 2019     04:33 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Other Topics

Old November 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Fishman420

DITCHED! looking for New Partner

What would you do if your supposed good friend/tournament fishing partner ditched you at the last minute to fish your tourney with someone else? Without calling you or emailing you?

My fishing partner and longtime friend did just that. We were supposed to fish a tourney at Roosevelt this weekend. Instead I got left on the dock.

He called me on Monday telling me we were still going and asked me if I could call in to work to pre-fish on Thursday. I told him that I just started a new job and am still on probation for 90 days and I couldn't leave. He was a bit bothered by that, but he told me he would take his little boy instead. On Tuesday, I tell the parents and kids of the soccer team I coach that I will be fishing a tournament on Saturday and that I will not be there. Alternate plans are made and I am clear to roll. The wife and I budget the money for my share of the entry fees and I pickup some new lures for the upcoming event.

On Wednesday I spoke with him and he told me he was sick and doubted he would be going fishing. I told him to get better and let me know if he changed his mind. I also told him I would still be willing to just go fishing if he didn't feel like hitting the tourney and risking the cash if he's sick. I did not hear from him again.

Thursday no call, no email, no contact. Nothing. I figure he has fallen really ill and will not be contacting me until he's better.

Friday night, I go bmx racing, I speak to another zoner at the track and try to get some info about the lake and talked about the weather. Figured it was going to rain and did not expect a call. But just in case, I pack all my gear and re-spool a couple of rods.

Saturday mid-day, after not hearing from him all night, I shoot him a phone call wishing him well and seeing if he's better. I leave him a message. I get a text message that afternoon from his new tournament partner bragging about their good finish, how big a fish he caught and what they caught them all on. WHAT! I was supposed to be in that boat! I congratulate him and text my friend asking him if he was the one fishing with the dude. No response. I get a second text from my friends new partner bragging about how many fish **** caught and how well they did AGAIN! Now I know I got left on the dock so to speak, and I sent my friend a text asking what's up. NO REPLY.

Lame, I guess my friend couldn't sack up and just call or email me to let me know he found someone else to fish the tourney with. And funny how we have been fishing together regularly and yet he couldn't call me to tell about his choice soon enough for me to find another partner to fish with. This is just one of many instances where I have been either ditched or cancelled on at the last minute by this dude. I have kept most of this off the zone since we are both zoners, but this time it felt personal.

These two phucks (my friend and the new dude) have been fighting like girls for the last few years. I have always been thrown in the middle of it. I get asked to fish a tourney then I get ditched at the last minute when these two girls make up. Then they fight at the tourney and they call me to fish again! This is ridiculous!

I am by no means a pro, but I am a decent stick and I CAN catch fish. I am hoping someone out there could use a backseater to fish tournies with. I just want to hang out an fish, not deal with a bunch of B.S. So if you want to fish with someone whose really laid back, shoot me a PM. Hoping to find a decent partner before the spring season starts.

Oh and as far as names are concerned. The dude is a regular on here and does alot of business thorugh the zone so I don't want to mess that up for him. So I will not name names. But he knows who he is... Shitty way to toss away a friendship bro. But I guess to each his own.

The upside to this is now my wife is so pissed she wants me to start fishing tournaments regularly just so I can beat them both, AGAIN.

Just venting.....
Fishman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Joey

FIRST!

This is going to be an epic thread.
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #3
redhammer

I'd call him out on it personally because it is classless. But truth be told it happens more than you would think....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
redhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman420 View Post
What would you do if your supposed good friend/tournament fishing partner ditched you at the last minute to fish your tourney with someone else? Without calling you or emailing you?

My fishing partner and longtime friend did just that. We were supposed to fish a tourney at Roosevelt this weekend. Instead I got left on the dock.

He called me on Monday telling me we were still going and asked me if I could call in to work to pre-fish on Thursday. I told him that I just started a new job and am still on probation for 90 days and I couldn't leave. He was a bit bothered by that, but he told me he would take his little boy instead. On Tuesday, I tell the parents and kids of the soccer team I coach that I will be fishing a tournament on Saturday and that I will not be there. Alternate plans are made and I am clear to roll. The wife and I budget the money for my share of the entry fees and I pickup some new lures for the upcoming event.

On Wednesday I spoke with him and he told me he was sick and doubted he would be going fishing. I told him to get better and let me know if he changed his mind. I also told him I would still be willing to just go fishing if he didn't feel like hitting the tourney and risking the cash if he's sick. I did not hear from him again.

Thursday no call, no email, no contact. Nothing. I figure he has fallen really ill and will not be contacting me until he's better.

Friday night, I go bmx racing, I speak to another zoner at the track and try to get some info about the lake and talked about the weather. Figured it was going to rain and did not expect a call. But just in case, I pack all my gear and re-spool a couple of rods.

Saturday mid-day, after not hearing from him all night, I shoot him a phone call wishing him well and seeing if he's better. I leave him a message. I get a text message that afternoon from his new tournament partner bragging about their good finish, how big a fish he caught and what they caught them all on. WHAT! I was supposed to be in that boat! I congratulate him and text my friend asking him if he was the one fishing with the dude. No response. I get a second text from my friends new partner bragging about how many fish **** caught and how well they did AGAIN! Now I know I got left on the dock so to speak, and I sent my friend a text asking what's up. NO REPLY.

Lame, I guess my friend couldn't sack up and just call or email me to let me know he found someone else to fish the tourney with. And funny how we have been fishing together regularly and yet he couldn't call me to tell about his choice soon enough for me to find another partner to fish with. This is just one of many instances where I have been either ditched or cancelled on at the last minute by this dude. I have kept most of this off the zone since we are both zoners, but this time it felt personal.

These two phucks (my friend and the new dude) have been fighting like girls for the last few years. I have always been thrown in the middle of it. I get asked to fish a tourney then I get ditched at the last minute when these two girls make up. Then they fight at the tourney and they call me to fish again! This is ridiculous!

I am by no means a pro, but I am a decent stick and I CAN catch fish. I am hoping someone out there could use a backseater to fish tournies with. I just want to hang out an fish, not deal with a bunch of B.S. So if you want to fish with someone whose really laid back, shoot me a PM. Hoping to find a decent partner before the spring season starts.

Oh and as far as names are concerned. The dude is a regular on here and does alot of business thorugh the zone so I don't want to mess that up for him. So I will not name names. But he knows who he is... Shitty way to toss away a friendship bro. But I guess to each his own.

The upside to this is now my wife is so pissed she wants me to start fishing tournaments regularly just so I can beat them both, AGAIN.

Just venting.....
Another case of guys haveing there periods this month.

I havent read this post yet. just the title because well I am busy and I just couldnt let this thread disapear with out being able to read it and have some fun at everyones expense.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #5
Evilmonkey

WOW are'nt we all grown ups here ,yes a phone call would be the considerate thing to do...
Evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Paul Matthews

Sounds like a candidate for the hurt feelings report. JFWY. Look at this way. The guy did you a favor. He's not worth fishing with anyway. Find a better partner and get on with it. Happens to everone sooner or later. unless you KVD.
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #7
tom n

I wouldn't consider him much of a freind anymore!
tom n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #8
Nitro

I know who it is......... Sounds like someone got cheated on...
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #9
adam214

Sounds like you cant catch fish. Jk man, you live and learn. This has happened more than once to me. Shrug it off and start fresh.
adam214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #10
Mattalon

...the one that got away....
Mattalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #11
MADTackle

Nothing new here, guys dump partners all the time especially when the other guy is on fish and will guarantee a good check. It's all $$$ driven!
MADTackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #12
Rajuncajun91

Phuck him and feed him fish-heads. Move on Dax and find someone else. Not much of a friend if the prick couldn't atleast give you a courtesy call and let you know he was fishing with someone else. but that is how this sport goes.
Rajuncajun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #13
jacktipsy

I know what I'd do.I'd buy my own boat,find a guy that really likes to fish tournaments,let him pay the entry fees and I'd set in the back of the boat drinking beer and dragging a senko or something while he runs the boat and gets all stressed out.
Old November 14th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #14
Bob La Londe

I found an awesome bite with somebody once. (Out of my boat) Asked him if he wanted to fish a tournament that weekend and he said he couldn't. The morning of the tournament he was there with somebody else... and he got all butt hurt when I poured on the fuel to get there first and whack all the big ones in front of him. Waddayagonnado. People just don't think sometimes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob La Londe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #15
bentrod1

Dude looks like you need to call FRANKLIN . I bet he can get the DUDE to come clean
bentrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote