My son won't sleep!! - Page 2 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

November 14th, 2019     04:46 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Other Topics

Old June 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #16
ShakyD

Lots of good advice here, but here's a few things I haven't seen mentioned:

Sometimes the moms boob can't produce enough milk to satisfy the baby. The decision to switch to formula is a tough one, but very helpful. That's what happened to my boy and it was a great choice. As long as the baby gets the first week or two of the "moms" milk, you're ok. After that it doesn't make a difference wether it's a "boob" or "formula". All the important nutrients are in the beginning of breast feeding. After that, formula is ok to switch to. Plus you can get a baby to drink more formula in one sitting than any boob can give them. Therefore a fuller belly and a quieter night. Tip: when using a bottle, pook a few extra holes in the tip to let the formula come out easier. Helps fill their belly much faster! Sometimes they get tired of sucking before they get full. In time their mouth muscles will develop and that won't be an issue, but in the beginning they have a hard time.

Also, a pacifier is great to quiet them before bed. Just don't let them run around all day with it. Keep it a bedtime habit only!! My brother uses them religiously and his daughter can't fall asleep without it.

My brother also used a sound machine to help sooth the baby. White noise did the trick for him. There are some sound machines that make the sound like a moms heart beat in the womb, among other noises. There's one that looks like a wedge (or giant hot dog bun) and your baby gets put in the middle while the noise comes from all around them.

One more piece of advice, GET A VIDEO MONITOR!! Lets you see whats happening in the crib without having to go in and disturb the baby. This way if the baby is just crying for attention you can just ignore it. Also helpful in the future years for just monitoring their play time activities. Not sure how we would've made it through the first couple of years with out the video monitor!!

Even with all this advice you can expect to loose sleep. It's very normal to be sleep deprived in the beginning. Just remember, it only gets easier as time passes. You'll be so excited when the baby sleeps through the whole night! It's almost a right of passage for new parents!

Good luck brother!!
ShakyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #17
Captain Trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Ours had mild sleep problems. I would put them in the car seat and drive around the block a few times. Worked...mostly.
When we realized this worked for our second kid, instead of putting her in the car we would strap her into her carseat, put the seat on the clothes dryer and turn it on. She was always asleep before the cycle was over. The trick then was getting her into the crib while remaining asleep but I got pretty good at the transfer.

Good luck Bass&Cats!
Captain Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #18
Infidel333

I hear you on the not being able to sleep my son is 9 months old and has only been sleeping through the night for 2 months (still gets up occasionally to eat around 4am), but when he was newborn to 6 months i put him in a bouncer or the swing that we have that has MP3 hookup so he got to fall asleep to hank jr and sr, waylon, jerry jeff walker, all the good old country. Be patient with him if he senses any frustration he'll stay awake. also try some gas drops to quiet his tummy more often then not they wake up to gas pain. we liked the "little tummies" brand
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #19
bass&cats1101

Thank you all! Tonneau try some of this stuff asap
bass&cats1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #20
AZ Fatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass&cats1101 View Post
Lol delw that was the exact answer I was afraid of. I hate the ain't Jack shit answer... But it is what it is then. Wish me luck
Man for a solid week my kid wasn't sleep and just screamin bloody murder. We though oh eff colik. BUT turns out he has a sensative stomach and they switched his formula. Now he sleeps like a rock for (on a good night) 6-8 hours. See a pidatrician
AZ Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #21
AZ Fatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel333 View Post
I hear you on the not being able to sleep my son is 9 months old and has only been sleeping through the night for 2 months (still gets up occasionally to eat around 4am), but when he was newborn to 6 months i put him in a bouncer or the swing that we have that has MP3 hookup so he got to fall asleep to hank jr and sr, waylon, jerry jeff walker, all the good old country. Be patient with him if he senses any frustration he'll stay awake. also try some gas drops to quiet his tummy more often then not they wake up to gas pain. we liked the "little tummies" brand
+1 on the gas dropps! Reall work. And you can put some karo syrup on his binky. That will calm him for a while. And its totally safe for the little man
AZ Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #22
Delw

dont be using medicines to help the kid sleep, Ie gas drops.
those things will **** him up for life.

unless the kid is very sick( and not a 5 day old either) dont give them anything,
when the teething comes NO medicines only whiskey.

My kids never got any medicine and we never sterilized everything. we let them be kids and have fun. we told them not to drink out of others peoples breverages but of coarse they did. what I have found after 3 kids is that its best that they get dirty and eat with dirty hands, play with kids that are sick, roll around in the grass and on dirty carpets and just be kids. and they wont get sick or end up with alergies.
A lady April used to work with told April a few things that all made sence.

We know people who had all the carpets romoved out of there house and wouldnt let there kid get dirty. the kids been sick his entire life alergies and what not.

Take Anthony for example, at 6 months he had major heart surgery, he is 17 years old and the height of a 10 year old. the kid is as healthy as a horse., I mean he never gets sick but maybe once a year and then its just for a few days. my daughters never get sick, I nor the Warden get sick ( I do once a year if that)

Look at the kids out in the country or kids that do things out in the country like camping fishing just playing in dirt etc etc compared to the ones that stay home and dont go out doors they are always sick.

Oh yeah I forgot this kid isnt even a week old. let the kid be dont get sleep thats the way it is. even though I had said what I said I still forgot he's still under a week old. its normal.

The only thing that could be done is have someone come and sit with the kid so you can get some sleep.( Family member) its hard to do but it will get you and your wife some sleep. other wise just bear with it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #23
SCR

Boy, I am sure gonna have to agree with Delw an that one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #24
Delw

our biggest problem in society is DOCTORS,SCHOOLS AND PARENTS giving our kids medicines they dont need. It has alot to do with absultely Lazy parents that have no clue about life, other than money and whats nice for them that doesnt inconvient there schedual.
and all those damn books and videos and article on how to raise a kid is a joke, there nothing more than a feel good system. raising your kids like they do in the books will guarentee you to either have a pussy for a kid, or a gay one.

Kids are kids there all different, Parents learn by there parents. you take it one step at a time, raising kids NOTHING is perfect and you never know whats going to happen the next MINUTE and or how to handle it until it happens. There is NO PLANNING how a kid grows up and what to be prepaired for.

they are the only thing left in life that is a suprise, and completely unpredicable

best things a parent could do to have a good kid.
NO medicines ( unless truely sick) ABSOLUTELY NO DAY CARE unless its ONLY a Family member and one you trust. and the one thing is just let them grow up to be kids, steering them in the right direction from time to time.

Damn all this talk about kids I kinda miss it,

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #25
Infidel333

+1 for the "ABSOLUTELY NO DAY CARE unless its ONLY a Family member and one you trust. and the one thing is just let them grow up to be kids, steering them in the right direction from time to time."
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #26
bass&cats1101

Thanks. Great advice del. And everyone else thank y'all as well
Old June 4th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #27
nolord

MANswers...
Mas Chichi por favor..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #28
rclousebass

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...I2&hl=en&pli=1
rclousebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #29
bass&cats1101

... Yeah not so much. The wife would get mad LOL on a serious note... switching to formula helped wonders.. No meeds just clean diapers and both boob and formula.. Seems to have worked
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #30
bass&cats1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclousebass View Post
Hahahahahaha OMG thank you for that