Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Pleasant Coves

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  azfshrmn 
#1 ·
I was planning on going to Pleasant this weekend, ill be fishing from shore. Has anybody fished the coves here? I figured it was either good or a bust. Im specifically thinking the floating bridge on the Pipeline canyon trail. If anybody has advice i appreciate it, thanks.

#2 ·
I had some good days last year this time of year from the shore. They're chasing shad up in the coves closer to shore as the water cools from peak temps. I was mostly up at the n end in the castle creek area. Some steep banks so depending on how far u go from the ramp area expect to possibly eat shit a few times. I just made sure only damage was to me and not my rods/reels. Boot tails, lipless cranks, walking baits were best for me. I'd usually leave a line or two out for cats which produced, but one time a guy tried to jack a rod I'd left but I caught him but was lucky cuz I was still not far.. In some recent reports ppl are catching fish shallow so give it a shot.

#7 ·
Shad

Shad are tough right now. I was out last weekend and got shut out with the net....and I am decent at it. I caught shad every trip this year except the last one.

With that being said........when I go next time I will start throwing net at gray light.

I think the stripers in the coves have the shad really dispersed very shortly after sun up. All shad I saw (lots) were in 18 to 30 feet......on the bottom in 18 foot water.....suspended at 18 in the deeper water. Almost impossible to hit them with the net in deeper water.....they see it coming....little bastards are quick.

You might have a shot throwing from the shoreline. 5 to 10 feet is optimal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.