Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

American Sniper

17K views 87 replies 26 participants last post by  TXRNGR 
#1 ·
Excellent movie. From what I have read, it is very close to the true story and what little is changed really doesnt have much affect.
When the movie was over and the credits rolled the screen has pictures of the funeral procesion. NO ONE in the theater got up. In the end, the audience applauded.

Again, great movie and very moving.

#4 ·
They didnt include the part in the movie where he went to Katrina and shot looters? How about the part where he shot two carjackers?
What about losing the defamation case against former governer and navy seal jesse ventura?
Did they put that in there?

#5 ·
Excellent movie. From what I have read, it is very close to the true story and what little is changed really doesnt have much affect.
When the movie was over and the credits rolled the screen has pictures of the funeral procesion. NO ONE in the theater got up. In the end, the audience applauded.

Again, great movie and very moving.
The moment they decided to put un-true things in that movie, that is the moment it became propaganda. Those that live by the sword, die by the sword.
Just shows how easily Hollywood is able to brainwash the weak minded.

#6 ·
One great thing about the movie is there is no propoganda. No pro war, no anti war. No statements at all.
Chris Kyle is a true American hero. The movie did a nice job both being entertaining and being a testament to who he really was.

#8 ·
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've heard some might view it as a propaganda movie but, from the people I've talked to who saw it, they said it's really a movie about a guy (Chris Kyle) and his struggles both in the military and also in coming back stateside after his service.

#17 ·
I have mixed feelings on any "Hollywood" war movie....I hope that some of the money they made went to help the thousands of other vets that gave the ulimate sacrafice to ensure our freedom.....

The "real" Chris Kyle was a hero, like all our vets. The hollywood actors etc are all pussies IMHO

#20 ·
I ask any one of you what you would do if a foreign army showed up and started enforcing their will on american citizenry. As thats exactly what we did, and for what? Did they attack the united states in any way shape or form? No.
Israel bombed one of our ships deliberately and we sat by and did nothing and now they run our country from the bottom to the top.
All you brain dead assholes who cant think for yourselves are whats wrong with america.

#22 ·
#29 ·
Matter of fact, I hate that fat bastard. Now answer my question.
Did we make the United States a safer place by doing what we did in the middle east?

#30 ·
I dont like israel. They steal our military secrets and sell them to china and openly attacked one of our ships. If you think a country that pays off your government and then brags about its influence is cool, then pack your bags and gtfo.

#28 ·
It is a movie. To account for all the accuracy is hard but Eastwood did a good job. Putting the war politics aside, it was a very good movie. If you don't believe in these type of movies don't go see it. The thread started by giving a thumbs up on the movie. Skunko sures knows how to stir the pot as well as Mr. Moore. I don't walk their line but I am guilty with the rest on seeing what Skunko will say next.

Having said all this, I did like the movie.

#37 ·
Looters, carjackers, people who cheat on their taxes....So youre totally ok with shadowy government agents shooting people without due process?

#38 ·
How did Iraq and/or Afghanistan have anything to do with 9/11? You dont think the family members of the people they smoked over there arent gonna me a little anti american?

#50 ·
So suddenly if you dont support israel, youre an antisemite. I believe most arabic people are considered semetic as well. Does that mean I hate them also?

#52 ·
So now my rightful indignation over a foreign governments influence on my country is now an attack on "those people".
How about you pack your bags and go join them or are you too busy spying and selling our military secrets to china?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.