Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Truck shopping, ready to buy looking for input

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  catchandrelease 
#1 ·
I have a Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn edition 4x4 Heavy Duty gas 5.7 Hemi
It`s been a great truck for towing the 34 ft trailer and for my cab over camper.
Sold the trailer this year & bought a nice rv, sold the camper the other day also.
I don`t need a big heavy duty truck any more.
Down falls with my truck that I don`t want anymore: Rides rough & only 10 mpg in town.
Been looking for a smoother ride & better mileage.
Looked at smaller trucks, Tacomas etc.
Realized I won`t be happy with a small truck.
Full size 1/2 tons these days get pretty good mileage and the ones I drove ride like a Cadillac.
The Tundra Limited are frigging awesome w/ all of the bells & whistels but pricey.

I have a deal on a 2012 Nissan Titan SL 4x4 fully loaded, 20,000 miles with a 100,000 mile warranty / 80,000 miles left on the warranty for $26,500.00 out the door w/ tax & license.
Been shopping for a while & I`m ready to close the deal tomorrow.
It`s the best I have found so far.

Looking for any input on the Titans. I have never owned a Nissan.
Had a Toyota 4x4 years ago and I know they can go a lot of miles.

By the way my Dodge Ram is for sale for 18 ,000 to a zoner. Very well maintained, 132,000 miles.
New tires 6 months ago, new ceramic brake pads rotors & rear, all fluids , K&N filter clean, tuneup / spark plugs, trannie flush, injector clean.
Maintenance records available.
Pics available upon request.
Will post on CL for $19,500

Mainly looking for quick input on the Nissan Titan.
Thx Ken
520-331-4417

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a Tundra w/the 5.7 I-Force, put on a Magna Flow and Air Aid filter and am getting about 20 on the big road and only drops to about 15 to 17 when I pull my tandem axle boat trailer. Bought it new for $29.6 and it has alot of bells and whistles. This is my 2nd Tundra and I will get another one probably next year.

#6 ·
Have a 2006 Titan...115k with no problems, solid truck and pulls my boat no problem. Sturge must be a lead foot because I get about 16-17 Hwy and 12 mpg pulling my 18 footer to Rosey/Apache and back.

#8 ·
Wife drives a 2006 titan extended cab. Bought it four years ago with 30,000 miles thinking it would be a good truck for her to drive. Its a piece of crap. Gone through 2 heater cores and a fan, a radiator, and A/C compressor. Still don't think it is working right. It doesn't ride as nice as my 2013 silverado.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.