Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Dropshott help

5K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  jswest 
#1 ·
I've been dropshottin for weeks now and just can't seem to get any bites. I did everything I saw in the videos and still nothing. Can someone tell me what I'm doin wrong???

Here's some pics of my setup. I cut it right off my rod. I hope someone can let me know what the hell I'm doing wrong.
Happy Fishes!
-

-

-

-

See less See more
#8 ·
The problem is obvious. You need to touch up those scuff marks on the pink float. Most fish...bass in particular, are very sensitive to marks and scratches on tackle....they've even been known to turn away from a tarnished lead weight....best to polish those....keep a scotchbrite pad in your pocket...polish every half dozen casts or so and you'll be good.

#11 ·
The problem is obvious. You need to touch up those scuff marks on the pink float. Most fish...bass in particular, are very sensitive to marks and scratches on tackle....they've even been known to turn away from a tarnished lead weight....best to polish those....keep a scotchbrite pad in your pocket...polish every half dozen casts or so and you'll be good.
EXACTLY what I was thinking.

#16 ·
Thanks for sharing that set-up the best version I have ever seen of the dropshot JOKE.

Dude Im still laughing. Basstrix f-ing hilarious ( You gotta touch up the scuff marks ) I mean WTF are you doing man gotta at least by a new float if touch up doesnt work:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl

#17 ·
Thanks for sharing that set-up the best version I have ever seen of the dropshot JOKE.

Dude Im still laughing. Basstrix f-ing hilarious ( You gotta touch up the scuff marks ) I mean WTF are you doing man gotta at least by a new float if touch up doesnt work:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl

LMAO :Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl

Some great stuff!

#21 ·
That line is too light!!! And you need more weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.