Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Truck has 6.0 disease

6K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Bentfab1 
#1 ·
Anyone have a good diesel mech. they could recommend?
My 2007 SD has the bad head gasket disease. I need someone who is honest and reasonable.
Thanks.

#5 ·
Sell it fast and run away....that motor is the biggest piece of shit ever made.....thats why you can find a 6.0 slow for almost nothing

Bad head gaskets, bad egr, bad fuel injectors, bad turbos....ask Ringer...

Your going to drop more than what that piece of shit is worth....I would rather drive a Tundra than roll that damn "leave your stranded 6.0 slow"

Or buy a new 6.7...

#7 ·
Find someone with a D-9 dozer dig a hole, push it in, give it a proper burial and be done with it. You will be money ahead. If I never see another 6.0 it will be too soon. Fu:(en JUNK motors!!! I have 8 of them in my fleet n we just can't keep em running, even after all the upgrades.

#8 ·
Let's put it like this, I have 2007 cummins 5.9, 6 grand for race tranny, and 2k for turbos, injectors, fuel upgrades,= 627 hp 1227ftlbs with 113k on the clock

You will spend that kind of money just to keep your truck on the road.....

Sell it and cut your losses, buy a new duramax, or cummins, or even that damn tundra, at least it won't leave you stranded

#25 ·
Lets put it like this.Who cares?Dude asked for help with a mechanic,not how much money you spent on your truck.Turbo's,racing tranny,blah,blah,blah.we hear your same B.S. every time a truck question is asked.We know,let it go.

Who cares, what do you think your dad used? Synthetic is about as good as your paper gold.
+1,but his truck is 6000hp,runs the rosy hill at 400mph and has 12000 lb ft of torque.

#16 ·
Had my work done there. it was a little over 6G. But they had to get the heads machined. Replace 4 of the 8 injectors ARP head bolts. Plus the EGR has been deleted. I have passed smog twice with no problems. Oh you will have to chip it.
Its still way cheaper than a new $65.000.00 dollar truck. If you want big payments then go for it!

#15 ·
I have a 6.0 and have the same story everyone else does POS but it's paid for and I can't bring myself to take on the payment again. I recently had trouble with mine and took it to Salem Boys Auto in Tempe, they do really good work of course it's not cheap but it will be fixed right the first time. Talk to Alan 480-598-1234

#23 ·
I am on a fixed income so a new truck is out of the question. I needed something to drive so bought a 1990 F-250 XLT Lariat, pretty clean straight truck.
So I don't know if I want to spend the money.(Would have to borrow it from my son.)
I am going to try to sell it as is on C-list.
Thanks for the help.

#24 · (Edited)
5.9 cummins

Sold my dodge with 420k on it and see it now and then still pulling big ass trailers. New injectors cost 550.00 and you can replace them yourself. I had a brand new 6.0 in 06. After the third trip to the dealer for major break downs in the first year I haven't driven a ford since.

There is a reason semi trucks have strait 6 diesels in them. Cat or cummins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.