Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

DITCHED! looking for New Partner

19K views 119 replies 58 participants last post by  adam214 
#1 ·
What would you do if your supposed good friend/tournament fishing partner ditched you at the last minute to fish your tourney with someone else? Without calling you or emailing you?

My fishing partner and longtime friend did just that. We were supposed to fish a tourney at Roosevelt this weekend. Instead I got left on the dock.

He called me on Monday telling me we were still going and asked me if I could call in to work to pre-fish on Thursday. I told him that I just started a new job and am still on probation for 90 days and I couldn't leave. He was a bit bothered by that, but he told me he would take his little boy instead. On Tuesday, I tell the parents and kids of the soccer team I coach that I will be fishing a tournament on Saturday and that I will not be there. Alternate plans are made and I am clear to roll. The wife and I budget the money for my share of the entry fees and I pickup some new lures for the upcoming event.

On Wednesday I spoke with him and he told me he was sick and doubted he would be going fishing. I told him to get better and let me know if he changed his mind. I also told him I would still be willing to just go fishing if he didn't feel like hitting the tourney and risking the cash if he's sick. I did not hear from him again.

Thursday no call, no email, no contact. Nothing. I figure he has fallen really ill and will not be contacting me until he's better.

Friday night, I go bmx racing, I speak to another zoner at the track and try to get some info about the lake and talked about the weather. Figured it was going to rain and did not expect a call. But just in case, I pack all my gear and re-spool a couple of rods.

Saturday mid-day, after not hearing from him all night, I shoot him a phone call wishing him well and seeing if he's better. I leave him a message. I get a text message that afternoon from his new tournament partner bragging about their good finish, how big a fish he caught and what they caught them all on. WHAT! I was supposed to be in that boat! I congratulate him and text my friend asking him if he was the one fishing with the dude. No response. I get a second text from my friends new partner bragging about how many fish **** caught and how well they did AGAIN! Now I know I got left on the dock so to speak, and I sent my friend a text asking what's up. NO REPLY.

Lame, I guess my friend couldn't sack up and just call or email me to let me know he found someone else to fish the tourney with. And funny how we have been fishing together regularly and yet he couldn't call me to tell about his choice soon enough for me to find another partner to fish with. This is just one of many instances where I have been either ditched or cancelled on at the last minute by this dude. I have kept most of this off the zone since we are both zoners, but this time it felt personal.

These two phucks (my friend and the new dude) have been fighting like girls for the last few years. I have always been thrown in the middle of it. I get asked to fish a tourney then I get ditched at the last minute when these two girls make up. Then they fight at the tourney and they call me to fish again! This is ridiculous!

I am by no means a pro, but I am a decent stick and I CAN catch fish. I am hoping someone out there could use a backseater to fish tournies with. I just want to hang out an fish, not deal with a bunch of B.S. So if you want to fish with someone whose really laid back, shoot me a PM. Hoping to find a decent partner before the spring season starts.

Oh and as far as names are concerned. The dude is a regular on here and does alot of business thorugh the zone so I don't want to mess that up for him. So I will not name names. But he knows who he is... Shitty way to toss away a friendship bro. But I guess to each his own.

The upside to this is now my wife is so pissed she wants me to start fishing tournaments regularly just so I can beat them both, AGAIN.

Just venting.....

See less See more
#4 ·
Another case of guys haveing there periods this month.

I havent read this post yet. just the title because well I am busy and I just couldnt let this thread disapear with out being able to read it and have some fun at everyones expense.

Delw

#30 ·
Another case of guys haveing there periods this month.

I havent read this post yet. just the title because well I am busy and I just couldnt let this thread disapear with out being able to read it and have some fun at everyones expense.

Delw
LOL!!!! I knew you were going to say that after I read that thread you posted about the football coach earlier. Serves me right for not checking the threads before posting. Flame on man, you know me and how I roll. I ain't skeered.

#13 ·
I know what I'd do.I'd buy my own boat,find a guy that really likes to fish tournaments,let him pay the entry fees and I'd set in the back of the boat drinking beer and dragging a senko or something while he runs the boat and gets all stressed out.

#14 ·
I found an awesome bite with somebody once. (Out of my boat) Asked him if he wanted to fish a tournament that weekend and he said he couldn't. The morning of the tournament he was there with somebody else... and he got all butt hurt when I poured on the fuel to get there first and whack all the big ones in front of him. Waddayagonnado. People just don't think sometimes.

#25 ·
wasnt Stickbait he couldnt catch a fish even if it was in a homer bucket, Dax move on dude you'll find someone that will pre fish and locate the fish and be happy with you just netting them, Partners are 50/50 sounds kinda like you couldnt commit to your 50% I wouldnt bash him too much, but a phone call would have been cool.

#29 ·
1st Butt Pirates , Then Patch Pirates now PARTNER PIRATES say it isnt soo.

****ing phone I cant even read this thread and after 3 pages it has to be a good one.

Delw

#32 ·
DWRAT,

I fish with alot of dudes on this site, some regularly post, some a lurkers, all visit this site daily.

I am not posting anyones name, especially to a douche like you.
You clearly stated the dude does a lot of work for zoners so it's not a lurker.
Maybe if you devoted more time to fishing and less time to BMX riding you would have not been ditched.:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.