Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

US Angler Choice Lower Colorado River

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jsleight3 
#1 ·
US Angler Choice has launched a new team tournament circuit in region#2 for the 2012 season. The new circuit is the Lower Colorado River circuit with all seven event being held out of Fisher Landing in Yuma AZ . The director for this circuit is an seasoned veteran director JIM SLEIGHT that has over 20 years of experence running team events along with his seasoned staff this circuit should be a graet circuit to consider if your looking to fish a team event at the Lower Colorado River
For information, entry forms and the schedule you can either go to Jim web site at www.sdteamseries.com I will post all articles results and standing along with photo on this site.
Angler Choice wedsite www.anglerchoice.com click on region#2 then to Lower Colorado River circuit the results and standings will also be posted plus rules and how to qualify for the tournement of champions.
Sorry for this late posting I just discovered azbasszone website, what a great site I will make good use of it in the furture. Hope to see some old freinds and make new ones at this event.

Thanks
Jim Sleight

#2 ·
US Anglers Choice -10/29/2011

The start of the US Anglers Choice Lower Colorado Series kicked off it Inaugural event this past weekend at Fishers Landing.* We had 12 teams on hand to start the new series and too see what this new circuit was all about.* The turnout was great considering we had Halloween and the opening of desert season. The event ran smoothly with no complaints except for more bits. We had good weather all day with strong winds in the afternoon.* We had a total of 51 fish weighted and 49 fish released.* After the awards ceremony all the teams expressed how impressed and excited they were on how well the event was ran. I feel good with all the feedback and I expect to see an increase in team participation at the December 10, 2011 event.

The first USAC Champion at the Fisher Landing goes to father and son team of Joe & Joey Mayerchik with a five bass limit that weighed 10.35 lbs.* The family took home $1,290.00 in cash and prizes (D10 T-Shirts). Second place went to Ted Hook and Rick Stewart with a five bass limit that weighed 10.08 lbs.** This team had the big bass of the tournament with 4.27 lbs LMB. Hook and Stewart took home a nice payday of $772.00 for their days effort. Third Places went to the veteran team of John Turner and Jim Waits with five bass limit that weight 10.02 lbs.* Turner and Waits took home* $223.00 in cash and prizes (Berkley Baits).

I would like to thank Linda at Fisher landing for opening the restaurant at morning at 5:00 am so we could have our sign-ups, meeting and draw.* We will have the restaurant opening a 5:00AM for the remaining event so please come early for sign-ups, the draw, eat breakfast and enjoy some good conversation amongst anglers.*

We have a BBQ at the end of the tournament with trophy awards ceremony and a drawing for fishing products that have been donated by our sponsors.* I would like to personally thank the sponsors Lee Mc Dowell from* D-10 for the shirts and hats. Hopefully we can get D10 apparel in the local Yuma tackle stores soon.* A special thanks to Chris Marso from Berkley Fishing Products for all the fishing tackle that was given away at the draw. If you would like to be sponsor at the upcoming events please give Jim Sleight a call as we are looking for more participation.

Lastly, I would like to thank my staff of Woody Olson, Regina Seaberg, Ron Overman and Scott Ashley.* I can never express my thanks enough to the people that help me make these events happen and run smoothly.* My staff is a veteran crew that has work together for several years, which this operation run smoothly with zero no headaches.

You can view the results, standings and images for each event at the following websites:

San Diego Team Series * * * **www.sdteamseries.com
US Anglers Choice * * * * * * * *www.usanglerschoice.net
*The AZ Bass Zone************** www.azbasszone.com

The San Diego Team Series (www.sdteamseries.com) is my personal website for all the tournaments I direct.* SD Team Series will offer a Message forum for the fishing community in order to express there commits or requests,* so please sign-up today and post a topic for discussions.* The forum is easy to use and should be a fun way for fishing community to interact within a circuit.* I will be posting in the forum after each event so look for update on the site. The next tournament will be December 10, 2011 at Fisher’s landing. I hope to see all our new friends we made and some new ones at the next event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.