Pleasant report 6/6 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

September 22nd, 2019     02:24 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Motorless Fishing

Old June 7th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #1
DickValentine

Pleasant report 6/6

Went out yesterday morning at 5AM, launched from the northern ramp. As soon as I got to the water, a shore fisherman was pulling in a small catfish. I trolled a spinner as I went up the creek arm with an anchovy attached - no hits. Fished the buoys with no success. Felt some nibbles on the braided line, but have no clue what it was (I don't have a fish finder yet) Also tried some spinners and trolled a 3-way swivel with 1 oz. sinker set-up. No hit on anything. I saw two other kayak fisherman on my way back to the ramp - they said they hit a 15" Striper in 15 feet of water not too far from the buoyed area closer to shore. Beautiful morning, really enjoyed the paddle.

Also noticed - there are a ton a cormorants on the lake. We had them back on the great lakes. I know a lot of people blame stripers for decline in other sport fish populations in the lake - but those cormorants aren't helping!
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement