Solar Panels?? - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

September 15th, 2019     08:47 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old June 24th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #1
MRBASS

Solar Panels??

Do any zoners know anyone that sells/installs solar panels?
MRBASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2016, 11:13 AM   #2
Delw

Kurt get ahold of Ladd ie catfish cambell
Nick should have his number

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #3
IAMMAC

I'm also looking to go solar. Does anyone have it already and if you do, who do you recommend?

Go GATORS........
IAMMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2016, 04:01 PM   #4
champ204suks

I had solar city do my house, I've delta with them in the past and have been happy
champ204suks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:35 PM   #5
catchandrelease

Thinking of going that route also on my house.
Just finished installing 400 watt panels on my RV with a 4000 watt inverter grouped with 4 Optima blue tops for my dry camping days, test run for the last 2 days has been great.
The start up for a full home system is not cheap, make sure you plan on staying there for a while , don`t know if it transferable to a new homeowner if you sell your house.
Also look into the new tax incentives they are always changing.
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #6
DickValentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchandrelease View Post
Thinking of going that route also on my house.
Just finished installing 400 watt panels on my RV with a 4000 watt inverter grouped with 4 Optima blue tops for my dry camping days, test run for the last 2 days has been great.
The start up for a full home system is not cheap, make sure you plan on staying there for a while , don`t know if it transferable to a new homeowner if you sell your house.
Also look into the new tax incentives they are always changing.
If you bought the system outright, definitely an asset when you go to sell your home. The leasing is where it gets hairy. The new owner (potential buyer) essentially takes on the liability, and some buyers aren't wiling to tack the extra $ onto their purchase whether or not it saves on energy costs. In my eyes, its worth it. Especially coupled with UV screen for the window - you'll have your summer electric bills down considerably.
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:54 PM   #7
surprisebassing

I went solar city 2 years ago. Whole house system. I save $100 a month on average. It's a 20 year lease with never a price increase. I'm really happy with it
surprisebassing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:35 PM   #8
EL DIABLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprisebassing View Post
I went solar city 2 years ago. Whole house system. I save $100 a month on average. It's a 20 year lease with never a price increase. I'm really happy with it
This is where i have a problem with these things. 20 year lease. Think about technology 20 yrs ago. Most people didnt even have cell phones. What other options will there be 10 yrs from now. If trying to sell anytime soon it is not worth it. No one wants to assume the liabilty. It will hurt you when you try to sell if it is leased.
EL DIABLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:51 PM   #9
champ204suks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL DIABLO View Post
This is where i have a problem with these things. 20 year lease. Think about technology 20 yrs ago. Most people didnt even have cell phones. What other options will there be 10 yrs from now. If trying to sell anytime soon it is not worth it. No one wants to assume the liabilty. It will hurt you when you try to sell if it is leased.

You have any idea what aps and srp will charge for power in 20 yrs?
champ204suks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 06:28 PM   #10
Skunko!

My friend and I installed a system on his house. Its really not hard at all, the hardest part is trying to get it done without the overpaid dickheads in the industry cockblocking the shit out of you.
Im seriously doubting the solvency of rental companies having to replace equipment thats frankly not going to last 20 years in arizona.
Old June 24th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #11
Roosevelt Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
My friend and I installed a system on his house. Its really not hard at all, the hardest part is trying to get it done without the overpaid dickheads in the industry cockblocking the shit out of you.
Im seriously doubting the solvency of rental companies having to replace equipment thats frankly not going to last 20 years in arizona.
Good point. The system may not last 20 years, but also what about the company? 5 to 10 yaers? Then what?
Roosevelt Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 06:49 PM   #12
Skunko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosevelt Mark View Post
Good point. The system may not last 20 years, but also what about the company? 5 to 10 yaers? Then what?
My friend and I talked about it at length for some time weighing the pros and cons. Me being the cynical asshole I am, I really doubt the long term profitability of solar companies.
Im an electrician, and my friend is a diesel mechanic and we got it done. Hardest part is everything has to be grounded and the whole system has to be built with long term safety in mind.. DC power at the level we were generating is a whole nother animal compared to AC. Dont pull the inline fuse out of the inverter while the system is on. He saves approximately 400 dollars a month and will pay back the costs in less than 4-5 years.
That is, unless APS has their way.
Old June 24th, 2016, 07:02 PM   #13
Scott S.

It really isn't that hard to do, it's plug and play. The big issue is hooking it up to your srp power box. That would require permits, engineering bull shit, srp inspections and putting up with their arrogant B.S. as well. Cost for panels is about $1.00 per kilowatt, and yes it's rape when they want 30k for a 5k system. Check out the schools parking lots, all solar, provided by srp, aka;; customers. Most panels have a life span of 15-20 years, after that you start all over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pro-Tech mat Distributor..
Sparta Carpet 20 oz plush 24 oz Ultra Plush , Distributor, Installer
Marine Vinyl flooring, 2 weights, 20 colors.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 05:35 AM   #14
knockonit

rumor is aps and srp buy back rates are dropping in 2017, big time, and of course their normal rates will increase for regular power.
I'll try and get the specifics, when i talk to a solar guy i know, he was telling me all about the changes, as it will effect how they sell, lease after the change.

I've looked into it for a couple years now, and can barely get the numbers to work on the roi, problems that come up that are costly are breakdown of inverters, supposedly life of them is somewhat shorter than the panels by a gaggle. If owning system the repairs can easily wipe out the savings, if leasing then its on the provider to do repair.
again, its a mess to weasel thru the regulations on the dos and don't, I'm of the mind its like the fiasco of the solar water heater run that was about 10-15 years ago. once the tax credits went away the industry fell off a bunch.

Now if only there was a viable storage system for off hours that didn't take the retirement fund to assemble.
jmo
knockonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 11:27 PM   #15
Lil' Mike

I just bought a home with solar panels the old buyer just ended up paying it off before she sold it. 25yr warrenty and I just received my first A/C bill. It was 85$ 2,200 square foot 2 story keep the air at 74 pretty much all day. I love it, solar is the way to go. I have srp, heard arp blows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lil' Mike is offline   Reply With Quote