Arizona Bass Zone

September 16th, 2019     08:33 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Arizona Tournament Information > Open Tournaments

Old October 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #16
GabeT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW View Post
Don't hold your breath David, they couldn't do the math on a 60/40 bigfish payout on $300, at the one I fished.
I Posted the results on monday, they didn't show up, sorry for the delay. By the way TGS tournaments are ran from the store, not the club tourney that you fished plus i wasn't there, sorry there was a mistake at that club tourney but i had nothing to do with that, people do make mistakes but i heard they made it right with you minutes later.
GabeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Hvnsent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimbaitChucker View Post
hey dw funny thing we seen heavensent multiple times at ramp and he never acknowledged error. no worries....no real tmx pays 60/40 big fish anyways with the ammount of boats that fished. 70/30 or 80/20 is what it should of been. U stuck a nice fish just shy of 7lbs and danny stuck a 4 and we split money with math error. payout was super shady as well that derby. if there is no end of year derby for boats u shouldn't keep 20% of purse money either. Pretty sloppy start they had, seems now with gabe at the helm it should be better.
Hey you two, its obvious there is some serious confusion! You two overpaid the entry by $20.....which right after the tourney was cleared up when i handed it back to you.

Second, where the mix up seems to be is the tourney you fished was a club open....not a tournament circuit! The 15% that was held by the club is standard and you had the option not to fish it as ALL rules were posted here prior to the tournament. The other mix up is you assusmed that it was a 70/30 split and told us (who were running the tourmnament) we shorted you. The payback was 60/40 and our math was accurate. In not stating the big fish 60/40 split, i humbly appologize, however that is how we determined we would run that tournmanet (Reel Time Bass officers).
I will say that after that tournament we changed the big fish from 60/40 to a 70/30 split. If it $30 dollars that will clear this up, let me know and the next time you see me and i'll ensure we square it up! That way each of you can get the $15 you feel you were shorted.

Reel Time Bass and TGS Outdoors are in no way affiliated other than Gabe and I are members of that club. TGS Outdoors intends to run all tournaments above board with no guessing on the participants part. (not that Reel Time intended anything different) If there are any questions or disputes concerning payouts, they will be resolved @ the tourney so we are not discussing it on this forum three months after the fact like we are in High School.

Lastly, if you gentlemen have problems with me (Brian) then PLEASE come talk with me as i am VERY approachable and the first to point out when i am wrong!!!!! I have seen each of you multiple times since and even spoke with Swimbaitchucker, who stated its all good! So if i misunderstood that please let me know so i can make it right!

Look forward to seeing you guys on the water! Tight lines

Brian
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #18
DanW

The "math" I was referring to was not the $20 we overpaid. That was our fault. Mine for not telling Jacob that I gave him 20 more than he asked for, and Jacob's, for not counting the money before he handed it to you. I do appreciate that you returned the 20 when I asked, after you had counted the money for payout.
What I was referring to was that a 60/40 payout on $300 is $180/$120, not $160/$140, which is what you paid out. Also, there was only $140, in the envelope, when we counted it out to split. I didn't realize the error in the math until we were in the truck, splitting the money. So your math was "NOT CORRECT" I realize it's only $40, which is why I didn't bother trying to correct it. I also told Jacob "nevermind" when he said somthing at the payout. I did mention it to Gabe when I saw him the next week, but like he said, he didn't have anything to do with it.
I do understand why Jacob was upset at the payout. His income is almost completely determined by percentage payouts, and it wasn't what would normally be considered a good split, considering the number of boats in the tournament. Actually, the fact that there was any split, on big fish, at a 12 boat tourney was surprising. The only reason I mentioned it, in the thread, is a large Martini after dinner, which broke my rule of posting while drinking. Except when you have a big Martini, you tend to ignore the rules. Like I said, it was only $40. Although Jacob probably wouldn't agree.
DanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #19
Chris Love

Midol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW View Post
The "math" I was referring to was not the $20 we overpaid. That was our fault. Mine for not telling Jacob that I gave him 20 more than he asked for, and Jacob's, for not counting the money before he handed it to you. I do appreciate that you returned the 20 when I asked, after you had counted the money for payout.
What I was referring to was that a 60/40 payout on $300 is $180/$120, not $160/$140, which is what you paid out. Also, there was only $140, in the envelope, when we counted it out to split. I didn't realize the error in the math until we were in the truck, splitting the money. So your math was "NOT CORRECT" I realize it's only $40, which is why I didn't bother trying to correct it. I also told Jacob "nevermind" when he said somthing at the payout. I did mention it to Gabe when I saw him the next week, but like he said, he didn't have anything to do with it.
I do understand why Jacob was upset at the payout. His income is almost completely determined by percentage payouts, and it wasn't what would normally be considered a good split, considering the number of boats in the tournament. Actually, the fact that there was any split, on big fish, at a 12 boat tourney was surprising. The only reason I mentioned it, in the thread, is a large Martini after dinner, which broke my rule of posting while drinking. Except when you have a big Martini, you tend to ignore the rules. Like I said, it was only $40. Although Jacob probably wouldn't agree.
I think you got Fuk'd!

R&D on baits cracks me the ****-up. and TUNED WTF are you talking about...
Vinnie WTF do you 3 stooges know about R&D? and Don Mcdowel knows what? besides how to put a pinky toe ring on? and other than how to promote something for money.

a bait is a bait is a bait. you throw it in you will catch a fish Ask Jamie about the ****ing cigarette butts and drop shotting a bunch of years ago. Lots of R&D went into that one.

Delw
Chris Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #20
Hvnsent

DanW....nvr got that info and it would have great to know so I could of had a chance to make it right. As I stated I'm the first to admit I was wrong....we'll make it right 70/30 and hopefully we can get over this hump.