Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Florida Strained Bass

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Fishless 
#1 ·
Another 40,000 Florida strained 3 t0 5 inch fingerling bass arrived here at Roosevelt this morning and are already distributed around the lake. Let's keep our fingers crossed!......Art

#5 ·
Hell I am a crappie/striper guy now and I went up and helped stock the little guys and gals. Had a good time, stocking truck arrived at 6:30am and we had 3 g and f boats and I think 6 bass boats all lined up. We started at Cholla ramp with our large aerated garbage cans and spread out, I went with buddy who is local WM for Roosevelt, released the fingerling Florida strain bass in the backs of protected coves with brush (little bastards hit the water and dove into the projective brush) they knew the eating order especially with blue herons on the shore line with bibs on:eek:. After 1/2 the load distributed and the wind coming up we picked up and moved to Badger ramp and finished stocking the bass in coves on that end. Finished up about 11am.
I figure since there are no crappie in the lake anymore might as well help out with the bass heck maybe I will go back to being a Bass-a hole" like the old days.:biggrin:
Fingerlings were healthy 3-5+" fish (I joked I was going to go get the "blue cooler" and take some home and filet them!!!!):rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.