Black River??? - Page 4 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

January 19th, 2021     07:51 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old June 17th, 2016, 01:10 PM   #46
Fishman420

Thanks guys! It was a great trip and a memorable one for me and my son. We will go again.

I forgot to mention that our families hearts and prayers go out to all the firefighters currently battling fires across the state but specifically the Cedar fire. Good luck guys and keep cool!
Fishman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2016, 01:12 PM   #47
Fishman420

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchandrelease View Post
Get a San Carlos map and look for Glenwood Canyon. The best ever on the Black.
Good dirt road going in from the main road that runs from Point Of Pines all the way north west to the turn off north about 5 miles from Point Of Pines, turns into a rocky / boulder road and dead ends about 300 ft above the river , steep hike down but no one goes there and the fishing is awesome. Lots of bears.
I will check that out. Sounds like a good time.
Old June 17th, 2016, 08:56 PM   #48
Franklin J

Sounds like you had fun dude, glad you didn't get lost to bad. I'm going to take my boys to the spot I told you about, then maybe the long way to 10 o diamonds...the big dodge needs to get sloppy

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 01:31 AM   #49
Catfish Campbell

Nice job....there are some toads to be caught on the black river as long as you can make the hike....
Old June 18th, 2016, 08:26 AM   #50
Franklin J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Campbell View Post
Nice job....there are some toads to be caught on the black river as long as you can make the hike....
+1 never caught any myself, but seen a few 4s and 5s caught before the fire. I think one dude that still catches toads is our resident apache GILAmobster

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 02:32 PM   #51
Fishman420

franklin tried to PM you man, but your box is full. You are a popular guy.....
Old June 21st, 2016, 10:08 AM   #52
GILAmobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin J View Post
+1 never caught any myself, but seen a few 4s and 5s caught before the fire. I think one dude that still catches toads is our resident apache GILAmobster
Sorry I missed this Post. Excellent fishing on the Black, lower you go (say from Elwood on down) you'll get into SM and cats. Above Pump station, rainbows, browns and SM. Water flows getting low.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
GILAmobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:28 AM   #53
Oldguy

Cedar Fire

If the Cedar fire keeps traveling east the Black will get flooded with ash! Fish kill all over again. I got run out of Pinetop last Thurs. night. Hope the monsoons start up but quick.
Oldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 10:02 AM   #54
Lone Ranger

I just saw this post today. I would have mentioned a couple of things. The first one has already been mentioned.

1) Get a book of maps and don't forget it at home. The forest roads may not be well marked but with a book of maps, you can figure it out based upon the relationship with marked forest roads. Borrow maps if you can't find any to buy.

2) If I remember correctly, the Black River campground I stayed at years ago was at a 9,000+ foot elevation. It made it uncomfortable since I was used to living at sea level in Florida.

3) Bring a set of warm clothes and a rain suit.

It was mid-June when I camped overnight. It was a sunny 112F in Phoenix but at the Black River it drizzled rain the whole night, and the air temp went down to 47F. When a co-worker told me about the Black River, he did not warn me about bringing warm clothes or about it being at a 9,000+ foot elevation and harder to breathe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote