Views:	66
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	91273  
HugeEuge57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2016, 12:52 PM   #47
Franklin J

Pick the best trout lake in AZ and put them in there....they won't last long anyway, the snowbirds will fish them into extinction just they did in the midwest and parts of Canada....

Musky shore-lunch eh!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #48
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch'n View Post
Just curious Garret, how is it anymore of a bad idea here then in NM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch'n View Post
All top predators are opportunistic feeders, those SM could've been dead or dying already. They definitely have there preferred forage though. there have been several lakes up here in CO they put T-Musky in to control sucker population... of course some trout definitely fall prey, but the suckers are much slower ... and dumber. Lots of perch become meals too but those things breed like rabits... or perch
adding any new species to a enviroment they dont belong can be dangerous.
Look at the stripers someone thought that was a good idea. gizzard shad and the list goes one.

you cannot compare any other lake in any other state to the ones we have here. heck even comparing lakes in state wont work. it all has to due with the area the lake is at what type of habitat, nutrients etc etc is there.

the only lakes that are pretty much comparable in az are sag to canyon to apache.
look at the difference between pleasant and apache bartlett and sag etc etc. there way differnent.

so some dumbass wants to add muskies to a lake that doesnt have them. what happens to that lake? hows it going to affect that lake?
the dumbass doesnt care or have a clue, he just wants to catch them.

look at the the one lake that northern pike got stocked illegaly they devastated one particular lake( cant remember the name of it off hand was about 10 years ago small lake)

That being said catching pike are a blast and I enjoy it more so than bass with the exception of smallies. I would put them in every lake that could support them if and only if they can co-exist with the other species.

then the other problem that most states dont have is a water issue. hows that fish going to survive when the water gets low.

basically what it boils down to is one selfish person or a group of selfish people want to have a particular fish to catch cause they liked to catch them and they dont give a rats ass about anybody else.

#muskielivesmatter

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2016, 01:48 PM   #49
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin J View Post
Pick the best trout lake in AZ and put them in there....they won't last long anyway, the snowbirds will fish them into extinction just they did in the midwest and parts of Canada....

Musky shore-lunch eh!
I think you've got a point here. Pretty sure these things grow to slow for the pressure our lakes get. Making any attempt a waste of resources.

Is there an anti musky petition?

If you're going to screw things up and blow money, what about redfish? Way more fun than catching a bunch of 11 inch hammer handles
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 05:52 PM   #50
DaPompous

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I think you've got a point here. Pretty sure these things grow to slow for the pressure our lakes get. Making any attempt a waste of resources.

Is there an anti musky petition?

If you're going to screw things up and blow money, what about redfish? Way more fun than catching a bunch of 11 inch hammer handles
They grow fastest between 68-75 degrees. They would grow fast in the desert lakes.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 07:17 PM   #51
catchandrelease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delw View Post
adding any new species to a enviroment they dont belong can be dangerous.
Look at the stripers someone thought that was a good idea. gizzard shad and the list goes one.

you cannot compare any other lake in any other state to the ones we have here. heck even comparing lakes in state wont work. it all has to due with the area the lake is at what type of habitat, nutrients etc etc is there.

the only lakes that are pretty much comparable in az are sag to canyon to apache.
look at the difference between pleasant and apache bartlett and sag etc etc. there way differnent.

so some dumbass wants to add muskies to a lake that doesnt have them. what happens to that lake? hows it going to affect that lake?
the dumbass doesnt care or have a clue, he just wants to catch them.

look at the the one lake that northern pike got stocked illegaly they devastated one particular lake( cant remember the name of it off hand was about 10 years ago small lake)

That being said catching pike are a blast and I enjoy it more so than bass with the exception of smallies. I would put them in every lake that could support them if and only if they can co-exist with the other species.

then the other problem that most states dont have is a water issue. hows that fish going to survive when the water gets low.

basically what it boils down to is one selfish person or a group of selfish people want to have a particular fish to catch cause they liked to catch them and they dont give a rats ass about anybody else.

#muskielivesmatter
Delw are you talking about Stoneman Lake up north on the way to Flagstaff ?
Used to be great for northerns & yellow perch, lake level went down & cattails took it over, used to be a lot of fun.
Pike & Muskie are great game fish to say the least and we should have a place for them in a few northern lakes in Az. but AZGFD prefers and cares more about their 10" stocker trout to the point of removing big Pike out of our lakes.
Blue Water Lake , NM has 50% less Tiger Musky than it did 2 years ago, they only stocked them to get rid of the big gold fish that people put in the lake, now the trout stockings are holding and is back to being a trout lake due to their stocking and thinning out the TM.
I ran into Brian that owns the fly & tackle shop in Blue Water a couple of weeks ago and he filled me in on the new Blue Water & Quamado Lake fishing.
Tiger Musky are much harder to catch there these days in both lakes.
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 10:29 PM   #52
Delw

No I believe it was parker or something like that. Wasnt a water issue on the northerns was illegal stocking

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:34 PM   #53
B SHEP

Delw,

You are absolutely correct when you say adding a species of fish to an environment it doesn't belong in can be dangerous. But, what about Largemouth Bass, Flathead Catfish, and just about every other species of fish we commonly target in Arizona? They were all introduced to Arizona to help create what you can even call an artificial fishery. What about Florida Strain Largemouth Bass?

The Arizona Game and Fish stocked Muskies in 1973 for more than just a select few individuals. Bringing this idea back and putting it into play would provide a positive opportunity. Everyone in the state could benefit from a Muskie fishery in one way or another. What is selfish about that?

I believe every comparison can be a fair comparison in one way or another - even if what you are comparing share absolutely no characteristics. I understand that you feel that one can not really compare one lake to another... but, why try and compare Striped Bass and Northern Pike to Muskie then? They are completely different fish species that don't really share the same behavior traits as far as feeding, temperature preference, habitat preference, and how they react to different fishing presentations.

I am very interested in every concern one might have when it comes to Muskies being stocked in Arizona. I will be happy to keep things positive and post as many good reasons as I possibly can.

Discuss and support the idea to re-introduce the Muskie to Arizona
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B SHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 12:28 AM   #54
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPompous View Post
They grow fastest between 68-75 degrees. They would grow fast in the desert lakes.
Fast is all relative. What is a fast growing musky? 1.25" a year? Their slow growth is the whole reason for the Tiger Musky hybrid creation. Still going to take a LONG time to produce anything worth catching. WIth the pressure these lakes receive I can't see how it could ever be a worthwhile program. There are lakes and rivers up north which receive significantly less pressure than our lakes that have had musky fished out.

Seems a waste of money. Kinda like walleye in canyon and saguaro.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:19 AM   #55
B SHEP

James, size limits and a closed season during the warmer months would help protect Muskies when they are most vulnerable. Muskies have been known to reach 50 inches within 10 years in southern waters. The fishing pressure would not be a bad thing when it comes to managing Muskie. If anything, the fishing pressure would be a good thing if we found an easy way for anglers to record their Muskie catches and enter them into some kind of public database available to the public. This would be a great resource for anglers and biologist to learn about the fish and a way to keep a log to analyze survival rates.

In what ways do you believe stocking Muskies in Arizona would "screw things up," James?

Old March 18th, 2016, 07:43 AM   #56
ringer

If you miss the muskies you used to catch in Flatland, Minnesota then move your dumb asses back to the upper midwest. You are just like the assholes from California that moved to Oregon, Washington and Arizona just to screw up the new place like they did their old place. Why don't you just adapt and become Arizonans instead of trying to bring your old home here? Next thing you will be petitioning to buy snow making machines and bring a bunch of fat white women here.
ringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 07:48 AM   #57
Fishless

[QUOTE=ringer;1795873]If you miss the muskies you used to catch in Flatland, Minnesota then move your dumb asses back to the upper midwest. You are just like the assholes from California that moved to Oregon, Washington and Arizona just to screw up the new place like they did their old place. Why don't you just adapt and become Arizonans instead of trying to bring your old home here? Next thing you will be petitioning to buy snow making machines and bring a bunch of fat white women here.[/QUOTE

Old March 18th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #58
Roosevelt Mark

Roger dat!
Roosevelt Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM   #59
B SHEP

I made my first cast in Arizona about 20 years ago...

I do not think anyone wants to ruin anything.

What do you believe will be ruined if Muskies were stocked in Arizona?

Believe me... I understand your concerns.

Here is a list of fish species that are not native to Arizona... All of these fish species were introduced.

Largemouth Bass
Smallmouth Bass
Striped Bass
White Bass
Yellow Bass
Walleye
Yellow Perch
Northern Pike
Bluegill
Redear Sunfish
Green Sunfish
Channel Catfish
Flathead Catfish
Black Bullhead
Yellow Bullhead
Arctic Grayling
Cutthroat Trout
Rainbow Trout
Brook Trout
Brown Trout
Arctic Grayling
Common Carp
Grass Carp
Bigmouth Buffalo
Tilapia

Old March 18th, 2016, 09:34 AM   #60
ringer

Well, I made my first cast 60 years ago and most of that list was here but no pike that will eat the shit out of all the rest. They are fine where you have millions of acres of water but in the pissholes we call lakes they would mess up the balance. Now get the hell out of here before I take away your perogies.
ringer is offline   Reply With Quote