Anyone fishing this weekend? - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

December 6th, 2019     12:36 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Military Backseat program

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Coonhound

Anyone fishing this weekend?

So i had to leave an outstanding season of fishing in Ohio to come to sunny southern Arizona for a three week class at Fort Huachuca. I was devistated two weeks before the school date when i learned i was going to have to leave the killer spring bite to go to the DESERT!

Well, i'm ready to eat crow.

I had no idea there was any sort of fishing to be done out here!

I'm in town until the 25th. If anyone is going out before then, i would LOVE to beg a ride.

The caveat to that is that i don't have any gear with me. I will be more than happy to pay for gas and oil, any gear i use/abuse, lunch, and beverages in exchange for some "quality" time on new water and the use of whatever gear you feel comfortable loaning me. I'd be tickled with a barbie pole, a mickey mouse bobber, and a wax worm right about now!

I also tie my own jigs and would love to send some out here so they can be fished "out west" when i get home. I personally own a TR196 Triton and 3/4 ton GMC truck and i fish tournaments at home, so backing the rig in, operating the boat, whatever...i can help. So don't feel like you're dragging out a first timer!

I'm sort of limited on range i can travel...so if anyone would like to fish Parker Canyon or Patagonia, i would LOVE to go.

My cell number is 937-689-5819, and my name is Matt. I don't have my phone on me during duty hours, but if you leave me a VM, i'll call you back the second i get out of class.

Thanks!
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #2
catchandrelease

You have some pretty dam good ponds on the base that I would love to fish if you are on the base.Well I may have once or twice.They would be worth looking in to. Then Patagonia & Parker Canyon
Enjoy your stay.
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:08 AM   #3
Coonhound

I am on base, but i haven't seen so much as a mud puddle since i've been here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #4
THE JERK

there is good deer hunting on base but ive never seen more than a tank for water.
THE JERK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #5
catchandrelease

Wonder of they dried up.That was about 20 years ago I was there and there was a pond on the main road heading south from the main base that had bass.
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #6
THE JERK

its been 7 years since ive been there and it was dry then but the more i think of it there was a pond like that , i was deer hunting so i didnt see everything , but there is a sportsman club on base that could point you to the right direction, they did for the deer hunt.
THE JERK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Silvas1

They let most of them dry up last summer. I wish you had posted sooner I would have taken you out on the bass boat but as it is I am taking my 76 year old father in-law out on the pontoon so he can do some fishing. He can't get in and out of my bass boat and is not steady on his feet. You are more than welcome to come along if you want. I am going out Sat morning.
Silvas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #8
kkglawson

all the ponds on post are dry up or never restocked, no budget for the ponds. and all the tree huggers don't want the water to be used up
kkglawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #9
bpcjon

What part of ohio are you from. I can tell from you # its southern.
bpcjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:13 AM   #10
Coonhound

I'm from the Dayton area. I live in Jamestown now...just east of Xenia (tornado capital of the world, lol).

Silvas, i'd love to go, but i damn sure don't want to horn in on family time. I don't get enough with mine, so i don't want to be "that guy" that takes away from yours!
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #11
Silvas1

It is not a problem I have a 22 ft pontoon and there will be just 2 people fishing I will not be I will be guiding the boat. It will be my father in law and a buddy and his 3 year old granddaughter.
Silvas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #12
bpcjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonhound View Post
I'm from the Dayton area. I live in Jamestown now...just east of Xenia (tornado capital of the world, lol).

Silvas, i'd love to go, but i damn sure don't want to horn in on family time. I don't get enough with mine, so i don't want to be "that guy" that takes away from yours!
I know where Jamestown is. Grew in W.C.H. Brother Chris has a video store in Jeffersonville. I've fish around there a lot. Heading back there end of July.
bpcjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #13
Coonhound

I live on Lake Shawnee in J-town. You moving back or just visiting?