Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Heard there was a DQ this weekend...

18K views 96 replies 56 participants last post by  RDLOGN 
#1 ·
Anyone know the details?

#10 ·
I figured the two that were disqualified would be on crying about it by now but they must have finally realized it was their own fault and people that pull that kind of bullshit should be disqualified because if there is someone sitting on a spot and fishing it becomes their spot so they shouldnt have tried to the guys off of it crossing lines and shit.

#12 ·
Bushwaker dont know who you are but you sure do not know me. I was told a protest was filed against me and that a some one confirmed the protest and I did not have a say it. This came from the tournament directer. He made his dscision. What else is there to say. The only thing I will say is this is going to make for a very interesting year in the local tournies.

#17 ·
we got dq'ed for fishing with 25 yards of another boat. With the baits both boats were throwing you can throw over 50 yards. A line from our boat got tangled with their boat. Words were said. We left. A protest was filled and paul made his decision. There are boats that fish within the 25 yard rule all the time. It has happened to guys fishing tournaments and guys that arent even in any tournament. I have had boats do this to me almost every tournament. Butch and myself have had this same deal happen to us in the past with the roles reversed. No protest ever filed. Most people say what they have to say and work it out on or off the water. As small as our lakes fish it happens a lot. The part that sucks is we would have won the tournament and what what said to us by the team that filed the protest. Butch and his partner made the discision to file the protest and paul made the dicission to enforce it. Am I happy with it no, did i tell paul how I felt about it, yes. Am i going to cry over it, no. I just know I will have no problem protesting some one for doing the same thing.

#20 ·
Don't take it personal Jeffg

Sounds like ur a good stick. i here of this shit all across country!!! funny it 90 % of time only happens to good sticks. the fact the director sided w him shows a lack of character due to the fact guys r fishin within 25 yards of each other all the f***in time. winning bag denied by pigeon protests......sad.....u guys arent fishing lake shasta get real

#23 ·
Sounds like ur a good stick. i here of this shit all across country!!! funny it 90 % of time only happens to good sticks. the fact the director sided w him shows a lack of character due to the fact guys r fishin within 25 yards of each other all the f***in time. winning bag denied by pigeon protests......sad.....u guys arent fishing lake shasta get real
I think paul is a great director. I would not have wanted to be in pauls shoes. I have known him for over 20 years. He was hoping we were going to work it out but we didn't.

#25 ·
Im going to start off saying Jeff, Butch and I think you and Steve are great stick and we respect your fishing abilities. You and I have hung out at past tournaments and fished from the same boat once. I did not want to have to get online and have defend Butch and I, for filling a protest. But if your going to get on and tell the story tell the whole story.

First off your partner saw us fishing in so called "his spot" and proceeded to just about get on plane in a no wake zone. The bow of the boat was so high we could not see your faces. He then trolled right up to us and his first words where "so what now you fish other peoples f-ing spots. Steve may have not been yelling but is that really how you would approach someone. The whole time Steve and Butch where arguing about who fishies where and who knows whats spots I continued to fish the point that we had been fishing for the last three hours. During the whole incident you guys where about ten feet away circling us and casting right where we where casting. Yes your right Butch began to yell after you went between us and the point we where fishing and Steve casted over our lines causing us to tangle.

we had been there for three hours prior to you guys ever getting there.

I spent three days pre fishing and graphing that area. I told your partner this and told him I did not seem him once that week. The answer I got was I dont have to I know that spot.

After the tournament you asked to speak to us after you weighed in and we told you we where going to protest you guys. We walked over and talked like adults while your partner stood over by his truck and boat. I told you to your face all your partner has to do is apologize for what he did.

Butch and I where very torn on weather we should file the protest. Its not something we wanted do. Your partner is known for cutting people off and bulling them off spots.

I wrote out the protest and had it in my hand when Steve finaly came up to us to talk. During the whole conversation he tried to defend his actions. I told him the spot didn't matter because you guys continued up the lake and fished another spot for four hours catching your winning bag. Then Steve lied to me and said you caught you fish in the hour that was left in the tournament when Butch and I moved. I know thats not true cause another boat moved on to the spot and finished out the tournament there.

I agree with you Paul is a great tournament director but his desicon was easy to make. Why you ask? Well when you all came up on us i began filming the whole thing. Paul saw the video and agreed you violated the 25yd rule. Then he went and asked the four other boats who where witness to the whole thing who also said you violated the rule. So Paul's decison was not a hard one to make.

I dont appreciate feeling like your threating us and that we should watch our backs cause you got called out on your lack of judgment.

I feel really bad that you had to suffer for a bad decison your partner made.

I gave Steve the apportunity to apologize after the tournament. If he would have I would not have filled the protest.

#29 ·
thats extortion in my book. you either protest or you dont. but making rules saying if you do this or that than I wont tell is extortion.
Wanna bet you would have over looked it if they didnt have a bigger bag than you?
thats how it works. always has.

still kinda sucks though doesnt it knowing someone had a bigger bag, and you really didnt have the wining bag :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl

Damn Jeff you should know better than that :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl

#31 ·
if this would have been the old days, Jeffs old partner(peanut butter boy) would have just cried in the parking lot and screamed at the top of his lungs "why is everyone following me".
Geeze I miss those days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.