Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Let's get zoners back to work

53K views 163 replies 87 participants last post by  Big Rack 
#1 ·
Lets just say I was very surprised at some of the people that pm'd me and were more than willing to do grunt work. This economy really sucks and I hope it gets better.

The response gave me an idea, Let's all as a group post any work we know of, hear of and or can give to a zoner. I know my shit ain't great but I will offer zoners any temp work before I get someone off the street.

Reply to this thread if you know of anything, lets get zoners back working and making money even if it does suck.

#9 ·
I can't guarantee anything at this point and this position is contingent on the project(s) being awarded to us. However, I need to start building a resume' for when we apply for the bidding process.We are starting to bid some Department of Defense construction work..so..

I'm accepting resume's for anybody that has construction experience working with the US Army Corps of Engineers as a Project Quality Control Manager. The following MINIMUM experince is required:

5 years (minimum) construction experience as a commercial construction superintendent.

Must be certified in the Army Corps of Engineer Quality Control Program and QCS.

Must be willing to work out of state and under contract.

Have a degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.

Ability to work with minimal supervison.

I don't know a whole lot about these projects as it's still a bit early and the details haven't made their way to us yet. However, if you're interested, please PM me for my contact information.

I sincerely hope this helps somebody.

JB

#11 ·
Anyone interested in the Army or any other Service let me know and I will talk with you and not let you get screwed over by a recruiter. They tried that with my Son-In-Law they didn't know I was a Master Sergeant till I showed up. They had a change of heart and he got what he wanted and more.

#12 ·
Get Zoners back to work

Hey guys I have a son who is a heavy equiptment operator(runs most BIG machines),installs sprinkler systems,general handyman,does landscape design, he does lots of things and is in desperate need for any type of work,general labor to help feed our 3 granddaughters.
If you need any work done, please call Joe at 623-412-1402 (h) and 623-451-7801. (c) Tell him you're a zoner. Thanks guys, this suggestion is a good idea. Hire our own.

#13 ·
Awesome idea for a thread :)
Looking for a second hobby/job to work on with mostly the west side section of the Phoenix area, but able to go to Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale as well.

My abilities is field technician with computers (mostly PCs and Windows, can do Macs with some patience, Wireless set up, LAN set ups, to computer building, troubleshooting, most virus removal, and other computer problems), graphic and web designing, party decorating (like centerpieces, colour combinations and set ups, etc - will do birthdays, parties, dinners), and photography.

Shoot over a PM if you need something done or would like to see what I do prior to hiring, my free hours are M-F after 4pm and Sat/Sun all day.

#17 ·
I'm a photographer, videographer, and computer guru and have been out of steady work for a year now. If anyone has a need for any of the above mentioned items please feel free to contact me. I have 10+ years experience in corporate and live event video production and 12+ years taking images and portraits. I have built, maintained, and repaired over 1,200 computer systems both Mac and PC. Any leads are appreciated.

Jason
623-451-9980

#19 ·
Part Time Work

I own Home Plate Cleaning, and I'm looking for someone Honest and Dependable to work for me. I have cleaning accounts in Mesa; Chandler area I service weekly. Looking for someone to clean offices at night from 7pm to 9pm on Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday and Saturday from 11am to 4pm. It's 40hr per month. PLease give me a call if interested. Great parttime job.
Leonard Reid
480-861-4171
Home Plate Cleaning LLC

#20 · (Edited)
Along these lines everyone can check out my website <www.sidebids.com>. Its a site my buddy and I started after having problems hiring contractors back when everyone was busy. It's probably even more valuable now that folks are looking to suplement with side work. We havent done any marketing yet but folks are starting to use it. (mostly in the Tucson area). It's free and anyone can use it to hire someone to do a job or to find some work on the side.

#25 ·
I need to get a gable fan installed in my attic. The gable is easy access and I have power already in the attic it just needs to be run about 15' over to the gable. I can install the fan and just have someone do the electrical or you can do the whole thing.

Anyone with some electrical experience intersted in this small project? PM me and we can work out the details.

#27 ·
Well I got laid off today. BPS is not closing, they are just cutting back. I despretly need another Job asap. I have been in the marine buisness for the last 5 years so that's mostly all I know, I've been the Service Advisor/Manager here since we opened, the Parts Manager at Tempe Marine for a few years, so maybe that can relate to something close. I have also done Pool Repair / Maintnance for a couple of years, and have also managed a pool store for a couple years as well. I am not picky at all but need to start something fast so I don't lose all I have worked for. I appreciate any offers for anything. You can Private Message me if you know of anything.
Thankyou.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.