Arizona Bass Zone

October 20th, 2020     06:54 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Current Events

Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM   #76
jbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
So stop changing the subject and tell me you think its fair that people get food stamps and federal housing allowance so companies can get cheap labor.
Raise the minimum wage, reduce welfare, and lower corporate and personal income taxes and to compensate for the reduced welfare payouts and indreased costs of goods/services as a result of increased labor costs.
jbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:13 PM   #77
Delw

Quote:
So stop changing the subject and tell me you think its fair that people get food stamps and federal housing allowance so companies can get cheap labor.
Skunko
I am trying to figure out how food stamps and federal housing allowance gets companies cheap labor, please explain in detail. is there a law or something somewhere?

pretty much everyone that gets food stamps and federal house doesn't work or doesn't want to work. but please enlighten me

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM   #78
Stevtech

JBV most of the people getting food stamps do not pay income taxes and many of them get an "earned income" refund. The program has massive fraud. But Skunko has shown me how this is a good thing cause if government hands out enough the truley needy will be sure to get their share.
Stevtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #79
jbv

What I'm saying is, lower my damn taxes because I'm in essence paying for food/housing through my taxes for those making minimum wage at Walmart while Sam Walton's kids are making billions in part by paying their workers shit wages because their living expenses are paid for by my tax dollars.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:15 PM   #80
stevert

Hey Skunko.....Who did you vote for in 2008 and 2012?
stevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:41 PM   #81
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
What I'm saying is, lower my damn taxes because I'm in essence paying for food/housing through my taxes for those making minimum wage at Walmart while Sam Walton's kids are making billions in part by paying their workers shit wages because their living expenses are paid for by my tax dollars.
you cant blame that on Walmart or any other employer for that.
if you do you also have to blame intel(for example only), and everyone else for not letting unqualified people working for them and making 100+K a year.

as far as walmart kids making billions more power to them. I am guessing you don't fully understand how business works.

Lets say a small company makes 3 bucks profit on widget a and they sell 1000 widgets a year that's 3k profit a year on that one widget.
now wallmart sells the same widget at a 20% markup and they sell 10 million widgets a year .
shouldn't you be upset at the small business for making more of a profit than wallmart? if the small business could sell 10 million a year they would be making more profits than wallmart.

manufacturing works the same way.
lets figure $1 per min ie 60bucks and hour. one machine your maxed out 600 per day ( say 10 hours per work day), now you pick up another machine and your at 1200 per day, pick up another machine and your 1800 per day, pick up another machine and your 2400 per day.

its by volume widgets still cost the same amount to run your just doubling your output everytime you add a machine. so should a shop cut the part down in price every time they get another machine just because there making more profit? if that's the case then maybe the government should put a profit limit on everybody who makes money.

how about you have a pcs of equipment that makes a part for $1 then a you decided to purchase a new machine that will make that same part for $.25
the machine cost you $250,000 new your old machine is 10 years old and cost $75,000 new,

or in your examples should the shop start paying employees more money everytime they purchase a new pc of equipment?

the big companies are making the same or less profit % wise than the little companies they are just going it in volume.

Don't blame the business's for the governments hand outs and peoples lack of working skills or work ethics. Blame the problem and that's the government and people who are too lazy to work.
the government is the ones giving out all the money then charging the taxs on people who have it and who Make it. Wallmart isn't taking your money.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:01 PM   #82
BassTrix

Quote:

So explain to me how I worked with a mexican gentleman who made 10 dollars an hour and drove a new car.
Ill explain it to you, he got 1100 in housing allowance, and 900 in food stamps. THIS GOES ON IN VERY WALMART AND MCDONALDS in the country. He used to go home if they offered overtime as he was going to lose his benefits if he made too much money. .
1. If he makes $10/hr, he's paid more than minimum wage.

2. If minimum wage goes up, the adjacent positions will also experience an increase in wages....in this case, I would expect the "mexican gentleman" to reduce the hours worked on his schedule so he doesn't make too much money and retains his entitlements.

I like your example because is clearly exemplifies how people manipulate the entitlement system to take full adavantage of it, whether it's legal or not. I would wager that the mexican gentleman also works for cash on the side.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:33 PM   #83
Stevtech

Del and Bass,
I still think they don't understand.
Sad. The consequences are so dire.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM   #84
jbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delw View Post
you cant blame that on Walmart or any other employer for that.
if you do you also have to blame intel(for example only), and everyone else for not letting unqualified people working for them and making 100+K a year.

as far as walmart kids making billions more power to them. I am guessing you don't fully understand how business works.

Lets say a small company makes 3 bucks profit on widget a and they sell 1000 widgets a year that's 3k profit a year on that one widget.
now wallmart sells the same widget at a 20% markup and they sell 10 million widgets a year .
shouldn't you be upset at the small business for making more of a profit than wallmart? if the small business could sell 10 million a year they would be making more profits than wallmart.

manufacturing works the same way.
lets figure $1 per min ie 60bucks and hour. one machine your maxed out 600 per day ( say 10 hours per work day), now you pick up another machine and your at 1200 per day, pick up another machine and your 1800 per day, pick up another machine and your 2400 per day.

its by volume widgets still cost the same amount to run your just doubling your output everytime you add a machine. so should a shop cut the part down in price every time they get another machine just because there making more profit? if that's the case then maybe the government should put a profit limit on everybody who makes money.

how about you have a pcs of equipment that makes a part for $1 then a you decided to purchase a new machine that will make that same part for $.25
the machine cost you $250,000 new your old machine is 10 years old and cost $75,000 new,

or in your examples should the shop start paying employees more money everytime they purchase a new pc of equipment?

the big companies are making the same or less profit % wise than the little companies they are just going it in volume.

Don't blame the business's for the governments hand outs and peoples lack of working skills or work ethics. Blame the problem and that's the government and people who are too lazy to work.
the government is the ones giving out all the money then charging the taxs on people who have it and who Make it. Wallmart isn't taking your money.

Delw
I'm not blaming Walmart. They're operating legally within the system. I'm blaming dumbass ignorant Americans that are clueless that their tax dollars are subsidizing the labor costs of businesses.

One of the reasons that Walmart can pay their employees minimum wage is because their employees housing/food needs are be paid by me a tax payer, and not by Walmart, the employer.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:03 PM   #85
Forrest Webb

Skunko is just trollin, and he seems to be getting quite a few strikes...
Forrest Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:13 PM   #86
Franklin J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Webb View Post
Skunko is just trollin, and he seems to be getting quite a few strikes...
+1

You are paid what your worth, shit a Walmart greeter/cashier whatever doesnt come with much difficulty,alot of high paying jobs come with tons of difficulty and stress, I get paid alot of money, but Im sure 90% of people cant do my job, or just wont do it, or they will quit or get fired after they break something that costs 3 million...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #87
Skunko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevtech View Post
See you have convinced me, Wal-mart should pay a fair wage. If they don't know what that is, the government should tell them. Once they tell one employer what a fair wage is then they can tell all the other employers what a fair wage is. That is only fair.
No, youre not getting it again, which isnt suprising. If the government didnt pay 50-60% of walmarts employees salary they wouldnt be able to afford to work there hence walmart would be forced by free market to pay more to attract employees.
I should get paid to educate you slack jawed mouth breathers.
Old November 24th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #88
HitACraw

Location: Where opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work...
Not getting into the political side of this but it is pretty damn shocking when you look at Walmart's profit in $/headcount value (a gauge on how much each employee brings to the company)... hard to believe they are still in business (~$8k/employee based on 2012 numbers)

But if you look at them in comparison to Target?? Target employees only bring roughly $8k/employee. Lowes?? Even less, $7.5k/employee.

See a trend?? It's called the retail market. They depend on high volume sales to stay afloat. They are so close to breaking even on every employee they can't afford to give them anymore money. So if you rounded up $2M/yr from the CEO's pay and redistributed to the employees you would increase their pay by $0.99. $20M/yr from the CEO? $9.99/yr pay increase!! Woohoo! Let's cut the top 50 executives pay by $200M/yr, and redistribute it - $100/yr increase in pay!!

Let's get REAL and cut the legs off of Wallyworlds margins! We'll redistribute 10% of their margins (~$1.5B), back to the hard working employees, this time, we'll give all 2 million of their employees a yearly bonus. You can probably see this coming (I hope). $750/yr.

Let's go BIG and give 50% OF WALMART'S profits back to the people!! Damn! People be gettin'paid with this, right? Well, to some this possibly could make/break the bank. $3750/yr increase. But now, Wallyworld's profit per employee has reached nearly $0/head, which in the business world means heads will be rolling, stock sell offs are unavoidable, the company is doomed.

Companies like Walmart HAVE to operate on fragile budgets because people like US continue to buy from them. The market is saturated. Retail markets usually are. No matter what company, big or small, you push your pay rates down on less skills and less experience and up on higher skills & experience. For a retail company that is on the nuclear meltdown watch continuously, you are going to make sure you are leaned up on the lower end because that's where most of your payroll sits as a whole (and possibly some of your upper mgmt). Walmart, and most retailers do this. Most retailers are so strapped, they have cut full-time hourly employees to <40hrs to get around the ACA rules. That's F'ing LOW!!

Plain and simple, retail should be used as a stepping stone unless you plan to move up the ranks, and they depend on people having no drive or direction to keep their stores open because they fill the cogs in the wheel. Better to have a cog than to have nothing I guess. I worked retail when I was a kid, learned a lot, never looked back but considered it when I found out how much coin the store managers make. But to chose your career in an industry with a pretty common profit/employee value of $8k?? Bad idea, your odds of going anywhere are pretty small.

On a side note, if you look at the average tech company's profit $/headcount? Typically over $100k/employee. There's your sign. Do your homework before you start your career, or don't. Handouts are typically free in life, but so are dirt sandwiches.
HitACraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #89
Stevtech

Manufacturing became the same way. Low profit per employee. Then the employees uniion kept demanding more. Kaiser aluminum told the union if you go on strike we will close. They went on strike and "demanded" more money and the company closed. Retail really can't close and go off shore. Well not entirely, the Net is competing with retail now. Which makes it tougher.
Liberals can't grasp all of this. We should just all be living better. And its corporations stealing from us. If there were no rich people we would all live better, share the wealth.

This affordable health care is forcing me to go on Medicare a couple of years sooner than expected. Just found out my new insurance rates. Higher for less coverage. Yep we need more government to control to fix this mess.
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #90
Stevtech

In Japan and Asia they will actually put simple mathematics and equations on TV new. I had no idea what they were talking about. In this country you would never see that. Much easier to say "The rich get rich and the poor get poorer".