Pleasant this morning - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

October 22nd, 2020     10:40 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old July 26th, 2015, 08:46 AM   #1
DickValentine

Pleasant this morning

Got skunked, but did get to see the indigenous lake-dwellers of fireman's cove in their natural element, bathing in our pristine reservoir. Nothing like a bar of Dial and some lake water to really secure the natural experience. Unbelievable.

Anyone else get out or have any luck? I saw some boils in Fireman's around 5:00 AM. Threw some top water and spinners, but no luck. Water level is low as hell, not sure if that is making things worse.
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2015, 03:35 PM   #2
Stevtech

Actually water level is not low compared to previous years at this time. Infact it is kind of hight.
We got on the water at Sundown. I put two crawfish traps down on a rocky drop off in 8ft of water.
Then we went out to a spot out on the main lake that has been productive in the past.
Put my lights in the water.
We had a steady bite all night till we left at 3 in the morning. My plan was to fish top water in the AM but we had to leave at three cause we could no longer close the ice chest.
Not a fish under 1.5 lbs and a couple up to 4 lbs. 22 of them. And two 4lb flat heads.
I caught one dink all night, and had very few on the graph near the surface.

We were fishing in 122 ft of water. All the fish were on or near the bottom. The graph showed very few fish all night. The lights had very few shad and minnows around them. Water was 84deg. One of the 4 lb. spit live crawfish out of his mouth. I always thought they were getting the crawfish in shallower water. My plan was to fish boils in bass cove in the AM. Didn't make it. Wind was picking up when we left so I thought the morning might be a little rough.

On the way in we picked up the two traps 10ft apart one had one crawfish and the other.
had 7.

My new spot light lit up other crawfish on the bottom, a very nice large mouth, some smaller ones, and a flat head about the size of the two I caught. All right along the shore.
Stevtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:14 PM   #3
Lone Ranger

Nice catch Steve. You have a lot of good eating fish there. With the bigger stripers 4 lbs. and over, it's not unusual to find crawfish in their bellies when you clean them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2015, 05:56 PM   #4
Aspec44

Your best bet for morning/evening bite is up the river…I have only seen the 6-8 inch stripper feeding on laval shad in the NW end of the lake these past few weeks.

Great job Steve filling the chest with quality fish. I might go out tomorrow before work to see if I can duplicate Saturday's success.
Aspec44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #5
DickValentine

I think I need to go fishing with you Steve! Nice catch. What were you using as bait? Aspec - what's the easiest way to access the river? I'm motorless, so if there is an easier technique than launching from the north ramp I'm all ears. I usually go out in the AM, around 5 AM.
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:59 AM   #6
Handyman

I was out in Castle Creek Saturday afternoon/early evening until 9:30 pm. We didn't see a single boil the entire time. Had one hit between the two of us and it was a 6 in crappie right at the boat. Tough evening, boat still smells like skunk.
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 06:30 AM   #7
DickValentine

Bummer Handyman. At least you got to get out of the house!