Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old February 25th, 2016, 07:55 PM   #1
Hunt7112

which boat to buy?

2014 new skeeter 20i class 250 Yamaha
2015 new Z520 250 pro xs
2016 921 Phoenix 250 pro xs

Have been boatless for about 8 yrs now, cant stand it any longer. Have had 18' champion, Champion 203, and a TR21 triton. So I have had some boats that rode very well. Never ridden in a Ranger, or Phoenix, or the I class skeeter however have been in a zx skeeter. Input appreciated thanks.
Hunt7112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2016, 08:00 PM   #2
champ,204

Get the ranger. Better boat in all categories and will hold its resale better than the others. Take a look at the Z520C
champ,204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:25 PM   #3
Justin

Look into a basscat eyra. Much more affordable, lifetime hull warranty, fast, great ride
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2016, 08:26 PM   #4
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ,204 View Post
Get the ranger. Better boat in all categories and will hold its resale better than the others. Take a look at the Z520C
+1000 I'm a ranger guy, but would look really hard at basscat.
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:46 PM   #5
redhammer

2016 921 Phoenix 250 pro xs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
redhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 09:11 PM   #6
Franklin J

The iclass is great boat....best hull skeeter made

But, you need to drive them all, and fish out of them all to really figure it out....but they all fish really well, and all those boats will run 70 mph....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #7
MamaT

Basscat poops on the others. Best boat for money hands down now. Ranger made a great boat but compromise is their vision statement now.
MamaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:29 PM   #8
Hunt7112

We didn't narrow it down we even added some choices. Part of me feels if the skeeter had the 250 pro xs I would have already bought it based on price alone. Unsure of Yamaha SHO should I be?
Hunt7112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #9
indecisive82

Charger is making a Champion 210 hull. Comes out in late March early April. Thats what I would go with.
indecisive82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 02:55 AM   #10
champ,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt7112 View Post
We didn't narrow it down we even added some choices. Part of me feels if the skeeter had the 250 pro xs I would have already bought it based on price alone. Unsure of Yamaha SHO should I be?
The SHO is a great motor .
champ,204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 03:18 AM   #11
Garret

If its true that charger is coming out with the champ 210 then its a no brainer.... wait for the charger. but the Phenix would be my choice of the three..... (if the rumor is false)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 05:45 AM   #12
indecisive82

Email Charger they'll tell you. It's all over Champion and Charger forums on Bass Boat Central. They were suppose to unveil at the Bassmasters Classic but the boat won't be ready until after.
indecisive82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 06:08 AM   #13
Garret

Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisive82 View Post
Email Charger they'll tell you. It's all over Champion and Charger forums on Bass Boat Central. They were suppose to unveil at the Bassmasters Classic but the boat won't be ready until after.

Ive read it from multiple places. I hope it happens..... gonna be the best looking boat around. I just wish that they would have sold them the Champion name.

Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 07:12 AM   #14
AndyH

Just went through this myself......you'll know the right one and the right deal when you see it. I battled the decision for 2 months, got a lot of information and a lot of opinions, and then it came down to the dealer and the deal for me. Never thought I would go from a Ranger to a Nitro, but it happened.
Old February 26th, 2016, 07:18 AM   #15
sam sherwood

Phoenix 921

I'm going to admit to being prejudice up front but since you asked...

I had lots of Champions back in the day and drove over to Anaheim to buy the last new 210 just as they announced they were pulling the plug on Champs so didn't end up buying that one. Nice looking boat, rode rough water great but definitely sat low in the back end and rocked a little at rest as most Champs did and wasn't quite in the top speed class with a few others. Have no idea what that means for a new Charger.

Ended up in a 721 Phoenix that surprised me riding as well or better than a Champion with a host of new features and was less dollars. Never had anything but a positive experience with that boat/motor combo for 5 years then went to a new Phx 920 in 2015 and can say the same plus a little with the wider deck. Will be moving up to the 921 for 2017 due to the slight increase in storage capacity since I leave my boat in MX for the season and need a mini BPS.

It sounds like you have an actual 2016 921 in mind somewhere, perhaps at Germaine Marine locally in Mesa? I'm pretty sure you can get that for a really good price if you're seriously looking to buy sometime soon as their free bank flooring is about to run out and they'd love to not pay the extra $. Phx has not taken off a lot out west although you're seeing a few more here and there but there is a reason they are really kicking it down south and have gained a surprising amount of market share with as young as company as they are and having survived and thrived when starting in the 'depression'. I think you'll find a lot more boat for the money when comparing with all other top brands and the performance that will meet or beat any others. The term 'value' comes to mind but a lot of people thinks that means they've cut some corners for a low price but I haven't found that to be the case at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Phx 921.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	90306  
sam sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote