My son won't sleep!! - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

October 31st, 2020     05:36 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Other Topics

Old June 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #1
bass&cats1101

My son won't sleep!!

Thanks to the army I'm very much so OK with sleep depervation but I swear my newborn can outlast me any day. Hence me and the wife haven't slept in what feels like a month!!! (5 days a few hours each). And man do I miss fishing. School. Night job and newborn.. Gotta find a weekend to hit the water...
bass&cats1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #2
TXRNGR

Must be hungry then.. Usually babys sleep pretty good once they are feed until FULL. Maybe he or she is not gettting a full stomach.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 Ranger 188VX
Yamaha 175 HPDI
TXRNGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #3
VISHUS

Not at all or not at night?
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #4
kmaysob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRNGR View Post
Must be hungry then.. Usually babys sleep pretty good once they are feed until FULL. Maybe he or she is not gettting a full stomach.
+1 tell the wife he needs more boob.

-Ryan-

“If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.”

― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
kmaysob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #5
RickMan

Start feeding him baby cereal. More solid food. Full tummy, they sleep better and longer.
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #6
bass&cats1101

He eats quite a bit till he stops. It's just at night. Just don't wanna keep him up all day tho. ( eyes red third cup of coffee about done). Can we feed a new born baby cereal?? And he gets plenty of boob haha
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #7
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRNGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMan View Post
Start feeding him baby cereal. More solid food. Full tummy, they sleep better and longer.
+1

Unless the kid has collac, then you wont get any sleep for 2.5 years and there aint jack shit you can do about it

our youngest had collak( think thats what its called.) poor april didnt get any sleep for like 2+ years.
our 1st 2 had no problems sleeping matter of fact 21 years later they are still sleeping lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #8
bass&cats1101

Lol delw that was the exact answer I was afraid of. I hate the ain't Jack shit answer... But it is what it is then. Wish me luck
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #9
Delw

dont rule that one in yet some kids take a while to adjust. the kids not even 5 days old.
A wind up clock under the covers works well also ( the old ones that tick really loud)
all kids are different.

our oldest liked loud hard rock music it, matter fo fact I dont think I ever heard her cry when it was cranked up LMAO j/k'ing

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #10
bass&cats1101

Thank you! I'll give it a shot. I hope somthin works I'm tired and mamas still healing from c section....
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #11
Jim

Ours had mild sleep problems. I would put them in the car seat and drive around the block a few times. Worked...mostly. Babies learn quick how to get mom and dads attention. One of the hardest things we did as young parents was not running to the crib every time they'd cry. Just check to see if they're safe (without being seen) then come back when they're quite. You'll be greeted with smiles usually. Like I said it's VERY hard to do. But doing this early on will serve your nipper, you and your wife well. If you don't they'll be using the same tactic till their 26!
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #12
Delw

oh yeah when these guys say the cerial you dont put alot in it very little just a pinch or 2.
if you put too much in the kid wont get the nutrients it needs as it will be full all the time( but yet hungry). just a little at first goes a long way.

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #13
BGG

Get a book and video titled "Happiest Baby on the Block". It will help with everything related to a newborn.

Expect to wake up about twice each night for a feeding. They just can't get enough to sleep through the night until the get a little older.

All the research I heard said to not feed my kid solids until about 5-6 mos. old.

The more sleep during the day, the better they'll sleep at night. Seems counter-intuitive, right? But it's true. Try hard to get on some sort of schedule, especially with day naps/feedings. Easier said than done with a newborn.

My son just turned one and it gets better. Except I haven't been fishing much in that year.
BGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #14
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Ours had mild sleep problems. I would put them in the car seat and drive around the block a few times. Worked...mostly. Babies learn quick how to get mom and dads attention. One of the hardest things we did as young parents was not running to the crib every time they'd cry. Just check to see if they're safe (without being seen) then come back when they're quite. You'll be greeted with smiles usually. Like I said it's VERY hard to do. But doing this early on will serve your nipper, you and your wife well. If you don't they'll be using the same tactic till their 26!
Oh yeah and never I repeat never leave the phone in the crib when your changing dipears and they are screaming or crying, as they have a way of dialing 911. the operator hears the kid crying and you cussing and the next thing you know you have cops at your door.

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #15
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delw View Post
Oh yeah and never I repeat never leave the phone in the crib when your changing dipears and they are screaming or crying, as they have a way of dialing 911. the operator hears the kid crying and you cussing and the next thing you know you have cops at your door.
holy s#it lol
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote