Fishing Pleasant in the morning.. - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

October 20th, 2020     07:37 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old June 19th, 2015, 07:27 PM   #1
Raptor

Fishing Pleasant in the morning..

....I offered to take a medic that I fly with and his 8 year old son out fishing tomorrow. Believe me this is not a lake I want to fish but its close and his son is real excited..So, I'm looking for whatever advice I can get. I'm going to be out in the morning probably run up the river or hit the back of Coles or Castle. Is anyone catching anything out there?? We are not necessarily targeting bass. Wouldn't mind getting int some strippers..

Thanks
Bob
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2015, 08:12 PM   #2
Stevtech

This heat is probably going to change the pattern an make them go deeper. I would go to the mouth of a cove get in the middle of the channel and chum.
Stevtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 08:31 PM   #3
Bailer

I got my boss's kid on some bass at Bartlett this morning. Kid got his on bass assassins, I got a bunch on ds. Typical 1-2lb bartlett fish, but the kid had fun.
Bailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2015, 09:43 PM   #4
luckylewy

Bob if you can go to Bartlett I think you'd get in to some fish. I was up there two different days last week and did real well. And Sandy wasn't even with me. All I used was a swimming super fluke and the super fluke Junior with a small weight. Just saying if you could go up there I think you'd be better off. Good luck anyway and have fun.

Larry

Semper Fi

luckylewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 10:05 PM   #5
Raptor

Thanks guys. I think we may just hit bartlett then.
Old June 20th, 2015, 06:55 AM   #6
midge master g

Get out there early. If you go to Plez, take a can of corn or 2 and chum the water. Also bring a bunch of anchovies. Cut them up and chum the waters. Go way up the aqua fria, or castle creek. You will have a good time.

Bartlett is good very early or late. Bring a bunch of morning dawn robo worms and drop shot. Should produce good numbers.
midge master g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:32 PM   #7
Raptor

Well...The day is over. We decided to go to pleasant due to time constraints We managed 3 stripers off the islands in the middle of the lake, we were doing well until my trolling motor battery died. I tried to hook it up to the other batteries but blew a fuse in the process, so no TM for the rest of the day. The kid was scared of the water and didn't come around until 1030 at which time I was about ready to get off the lake. My buddy managed to get hung up with every 3rd cast. All in all it was good to get on the water and spend time with a good friend. As most if not all my friends know I take extremely good care of my boat so now I'm back home, she's all waxed up and ready to go. I do need new batteries and probably a 4 bank any suggestions ??? Oh and BTW my hats off to my friends that guide and go out and put people on fish for a living..Ill stick to Flight Nursing
Old June 22nd, 2015, 05:24 AM   #8
Handyman

I was back in Castle Creek from 5pm to 9pm on Saturday evening. Water temp was 82.5 degrees and we saw probably 20 - 30 boils lasting no more than 10 - 15 seconds each. Didn't get a single hit on surface lures but picked up four small stripers on shad pattern Little Dippers on a 1/4 oz jig head. The hits came within 2 -3 seconds of the lure hitting the water and starting the retrieve. We missed several more and my back seat even picked up one on a flyrod with a streamer.
I pitched a crawfish pattern crank bait and shad pattern rattle trap, and a Texas-rigged baby brush hog without a single hit in between boils.
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 05:58 AM   #9
YELOSUB

Hey Bob god to see you atleast took the boat out and ran it a little I was gonna call you and offer to do that for ya...Hope all is good with you, nice to see you posting again...
DATE: 01/07/15 @ 8:50AM
LAKE: CANYON
LURE: SWIMBAIT
NET BITCH: JUSTIN
YELOSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 07:59 AM   #10
sphynx99

I went to Pleasant on Sunday morning, launching at sunrise. It was my first trip up the Agua Fria this year. I went all the way up the river and caught shad, it was a bit of a grind, slow but steady. Then I went to Whiskey Flats and anchored. I caught 6 nice stripers, the biggest one was 4 lbs 6 oz. They all fought hard, it was great fun. Got off the water at 1:30 PM. It was a bit windy at times, but in all a very nice day on the lake.
sphynx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:27 AM   #11
Stevtech

Nice report sphynx99 thanks.
Stevtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 10:01 AM   #12
every

I fished Saturday 10pm - Sunday 6am, we tied up on the scorpion bay marina break waters, tried a number of different depths and ending up finding them in 120' feet of water but only 60 feet down. We caught 20 1.5-2.5 lb fish.

There was another large group tied up that was playing music and the marina patrol came out and told them, they don't care if people tie to the break waters but if you do, no getting on them and follow the marina rules (quite time after 10pm). Sucks they got shut down as they were not being too loud but good to hear the marina is ok with people tying to those.
every is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:20 AM   #13
Fishless

Quote:
Originally Posted by every View Post
I fished Saturday 10pm - Sunday 6am, we tied up on the scorpion bay marina break waters, tried a number of different depths and ending up finding them in 120' feet of water but only 60 feet down. We caught 20 1.5-2.5 lb fish.

There was another large group tied up that was playing music and the marina patrol came out and told them, they don't care if people tie to the break waters but if you do, no getting on them and follow the marina rules (quite time after 10pm). Sucks they got shut down as they were not being too loud but good to hear the marina is ok with people tying to those.
The staff at Scorpion has always been cool, there are quite a few people that live on their boats so music at 10pm at night or later to them may be loud trying to sleep, if people don't mess things up I am sure they will stay cool about people in the area