Saguaro Lake Again 7.17.15 (Pics) - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

October 30th, 2020     08:47 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Reports > Lake Reports

Old July 17th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #1
YELOSUB

Saguaro Lake Again 7.17.15 (Pics)

Ok this time I took Gary, Midge Master, out to Saguaro for a little Friday fishing...We got to the lake right around 4:30ish and made the run up river to the same spot Jim and I had caught some nice topwater and fluke fish last Friday...

The early morning weather was beautiful, cloudy overcast and I really thought it was gonna be great for the morning bite...Well I was wrong!!! It never really happened...There were sporadic fish boils here and there but nothing to get excited about...Gary was fishing a fluke and managed the first fish of the day...I had several hits but couldn't connect, I was throwing the A-Rig and double fluke rig...

I'm not sure how it went after that but I know Gary caught a few more fish throwing different baits and by 9:30am I was still skunked

We ran up river to the same location to where Jim and I threw swimbaits on those giants...The water was dirtier than last week and not flowing guite as fast...Fish were chasing shad and I lost a nice one on the double fluke rig...Also had a coulple fish smack the A-Rig but again no hook-ups...I chucked my Triple Trout and Deps and could not bring the big girls in either...We fished the area where all the exitement happened last week for about 30 minutes or so without seeing a follower...We then started working the shoreline back towards the main lake...As we worked the shoreline I decided to throw the Deps 250...The 2nd cast I had about a 3# follow it then hit it but didn't get the hooks...Gary got to see it so he thought it was cool...I continued to throw the Deps and had like (5) fish follow it on (5) consecutive cssts...No real size to them but they were chunks, I just couldn't get them to commit...Gary enjoyed watching it...

By the end of the day I through the following baits: spook, little george, A-Rig, crankbait, jerkbait, frog, rat, swimbaits, jigs, and Senkos...

After junk fishing all day, I think we managed to put (13) fish in the boat...I finally got the skunk out of the boat at like 10am or so...I ended the day with (7) fish with big fish honors, a nice 5+...

It got windy starting at around 8-9 am and never really let up...Not sure why the fishing was so tough...We had to work hard for our fish...We were off the water by 3:30pm...

Thanks Gary for tagging along, sorry the fishing was not like we had hoped...We made the best of it and had fun anyway...

I'm tired as a mofo, been up since yesterday morning at 4:30am...Sorry if this post isn't up to par...

Here is the pic of my big fish, thought it was bigger than it weighed:

DATE: 01/07/15 @ 8:50AM
LAKE: CANYON
LURE: SWIMBAIT
NET BITCH: JUSTIN
YELOSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2015, 10:00 PM   #2
Bailer

Nice fish. Looks a lot bigger than 5.
Bailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2015, 11:24 PM   #3
Handyman

Thanks again for another detailed report. When I saw the sky as I headed into work I thought today would have been a good fishing day too.
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2015, 06:31 AM   #4
midge master g

I had a fantastic time out there with you. I really enjoyed you tossing that big swim bait and seeing that bass bump it was amazing. That is a very cool bait. That rat was pretty cool too. That was a good hardcore day of fishing. We had to work for all the fish we caught. I thought we would see more fish on top first thing in the morning, but that did not happen. I had a lot of fu netting that fish for you. I had a great time and learned a lot out there.

Your boat runs very good and smooth. I will be picking up a whale tail and putting it on my motor. That trolling motor rocks, and the anchor lock feature is great. I like those graphs. Soon I will be updating the graphs and trolling motor my boat.

I enjoyed fishing with you. We will do it again. You are always welcome on my boat.
midge master g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2015, 10:02 AM   #5
Lone Ranger

Great report and 13 fish, while slow for you and guest, is still a great day of fishing in my book. Congrats on the 5+ lber. It looks bigger than that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2015, 10:09 AM   #6
skunkoff22

Awesome report Tim!!!
skunkoff22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2015, 05:12 PM   #7
MikeSkeeter

Nice catch Tim! Sometimes it's like that. Good days and bad, I would say you still had a good day!