Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

G&F Needs Our Help!!!!

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Nummie 
#1 ·
Arrangements have been made with Tim Mitchell's xmas tree lots to begin picking up leftover trees after the holiday. Previous plans for them to deliver the trees to Canyon Lake fell through due to equipment problems, so our help is really needed to pickup trees at their main lot and deliver them to the lake.

The lot is located on the southeast corner of Scottsdale Road and Mayo Boulevard, in north Scottsdale, which is just south of the 101 and Scottsdale Road exit. We can begin loading trees about 9 am on Wednesday, December 26th. We need trailers (whatever size, but bigger is better) to help with the transport. It is very helpful to extend the sides of the trailers by using vertical 2X4's and plywood. Trees can be compressed by by placing weight (jumping) on them, and some rope to secure the load would be helpful.

Game & Fish will have a dump truck available about 1 pm on Wednesday to take loads to the lake. Anyone who can help load the truck at the lot at that time please let me know by PM.

Tim Mitchell's people are arranging with all their lots to bring leftover trees to the Scottsdale/Mayo location, as well as contacting some of their competitors to follow suit!!! If we all pitch in, we just might get this project done before the lake fills back up in January.

Again, please let me know by PM if you can help out at the lot, transport trees, or unload at the lake. Hopefully we can complete this part of the project on Wednesday and Thursday.

G&F is scheduling work days on Saturday and Sunday, December 29th and 30th, at Canyon Lake to complete the project. If you can help out there, please contact Natalie Robb. Her contact information is listed below......

Natalie Robb
Fisheries Program Manager
7200 E University
Mesa, AZ 85207
Off (480) 324-3541
fax (480)324-3596
NRobb@azgfd.gov

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks to several Zoners, the UAAF, and the fishing manager of the Mesa Sportsmens' Warehouse, we are well on track to completing the transportation of leftover trees to Canyon Lake on the 26th!:bow: There will probably be 500-600 trees available (maybe more, if we get lucky), so if anyone has a trailer and some time, we can sure use the help.:biggrin:

Again, PM me if you can come out on the 26th, and I'll get you the directions.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Remember, tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, beginning about 9 a.m. at the Tim Mitchell tree lot, just east of the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Mayo Boulevard, in north Scottsdale. From the 101, get off at the Scottsdale Road interchange and go south one block to Mayo Boulevard. The lot is just east of the intersection.:biggrin:

I'll have coffee and donuts too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.