Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Great Story

4K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  WOSHEA3001 
#1 ·
#8 ·
This is happening here in phoenix too. In fact, I believe the Hook Up Outfitters is taking a soldier out today who just returned from Iraq after being injured.
That was a great story, thanks for sharing.....Last year I was at Hook-up and mentioned to John that my son was a Marine stationed in Iraq. his response.." Have him come out here, I will take him fishing"...

#7 ·
Wounded Warriors

I'm not sure about the Phoenix area, but Fort Huachuca has a program running with Old Pueblo Trout Unlimited called Healing Waters here in Tucson. It is a phenomenal program that takes veterans who are either physically or emotionally impaired from the war out fly fishing. To hear the stories of these vets and what it means to them to enjoy peace in the outdoors will choke you up. I am positive the guys would love to have the opportunity to go bass fishing as well. All it would take is for someone to step up and champion the effort like OPTU has. Here is the link for more information.

http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.