Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

2013 St. Croix LegendXtreme

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  crazy cranker 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried one of the new 2013 LegendXtreme rods? Comments? Likes or dislikes?

#2 ·
I've got two of the 2013 model LegendXtreme in the Spinning rods. One was a replacement for a 2012 model that I broke. At first I was kind of upset because the old one had the recoil guides and the 2013 did not. The 2013 also lost the cork and was replaced with a black neoprene handle.

After using it I do like it, they are very light and sensitive. I then upgraded a LTB rod for the other 2013 Legend Xtreme. To be honest with you I think the 2012 model was just as good if not better due to the recoil guides.

#7 ·
Well I bought a LXS68MXF and was very surprised. After some careful testing I found that it was actually less sensitive that a Shimano Compre and considerably less sensitive that a Loomis GLX or Dobyns Champion Extreme. The rod was also heavy in comparison to most top end rods and it was extremely tip heavy. I did find that the action was exactly as listed. I fished it once just to make a final decision. I simply hated it - its gone!

#11 ·
Just joined this site (after a google of Legend Extreme neoprene handles). Considering getting the LE68MXF for snap jigging walleyes. Good rods, I have 2 Elites already. The only thing holding me up is the handle. It is very comfortable. Rods now are getting the split-grip look (since cost of cork had more than tripled due to the cork shortage). The Extreme handle is shaped as a split-grip. Just wondering how the that new neoprene handle holds up over time as far as possible wear, deteriorate. etc..?? Comments appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.