Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

2010 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Piscolli 
#1 ·
The Arizona Crappie Association will be hosting the 2010 BHCC at Roosevelt from 10-8 to 10-10. We will be camped for the weekend at the Goose Loop inside of the Grapevine Recreation Area. The loop is a bunch of camp sites surrounding a large gathering area with 3 ramandas, power, water, a large fire pit and private restrooms. The power and water are somewhat limited and not for RV hook ups.

This is a private event for members of the AZCA and registered users of the Bass Zone and www.azcrappie.com. Our hope is to promote the sport of Crappie fishing while honoring a great outdoorsman, the late Bob Hirsch. Mr. Hirsch was a great outdoorsman and conservationist who’s works helped to insure years of great hunting and fishing in our state.

Here is a list of what will be going on that weekend:

Friday at 3 pm- Non AZCA members can enter the loop and set up camp.

Friday at 5 pm- Group dinner. We will have a very large BBQ grill for all to share. Many of us plan to bring steaks but you can bring what ever you want.

Saturday at 7 am- We will launch and fish for Crappie all day.

Saturday at 3 pm- Meet back at the loop for a short ceremony and clean the fish.

Saturday at 4 pm- An official AZCA Meeting. This is an open meeting and non- members are welcome to attend.

Saturday at 5 pm- FISH FRY! Everyone chips in so bring a side dish to share.

Sunday morning- Tear down camp and clean up. We must be out of the Loop by noon.

Attached is a form for non- AZCA members to fill out if they are going to camp. We will also have membership forms if you are interested in joining the AZCA. Come for the whole weekend or just a day, it will be a great time. I hope to see you there.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
hey bill i cant wait to get off apache catching eyes and get on rosey and work my ass off for 1 crappie. was coming thurs but the trolling motor took a chit last sat and the crestliner is in the shop. i expect to pick it up fri morn and be there noonish fri. superstition marine better come through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.